Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download book from public library anymore

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej!

When trying to download a book from a public library (as I've always done), I get the following error:

"Error getting License. License Server Communication problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY"

I checked and my e-reader (kobo) is authorised with Adobe, as is my computer (macbook).

I have downloaded 4.5, but even uninstalled and tried with adobe v3.0 and 2.0.1. It doesn't work

Maybe that I deauthorized my computer before downgrading the version of adobe, just trying everything... could that be an issue and how do I solve it?

Anyone who can help me?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Hi Marian,

Can you please try to hold down the Alt (Option) key when using the Go menu. The user Library folder is listed below the current user's home directory. Once you open the Library, please navigate to /Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. Now, try to authorize ADE and see if that works.

Also, if the above step doesn't work, launch ADE and press Command + Shift + D and it will prompt you to enter the password to continue to erase the aut

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Usually the error E ACT NOT READY should get resolved by de-authorizing and re-authorizing your account.

I would request you to follow the below steps to de-authorize and re-authorize ADE and then try to access your eBook and see if that makes any difference-

For Windows OS-

- Close ADE

- Open registry editor and navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept '

- Right click on Adept and choose Delete.

- Once its deleted then close Registry Editor and launch ADE and reauthorize your computer.

For Mac OS-

- Close ADE

- Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

- Drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

- Try to authorize your computer by opening ADE, clicking on Help menu, choose authorize computer, enter your email address and password and clicking on Authorize.

Note- Make sure you have authorized ADE with the same Adobe Id/Vendor Id to which your eBook has been authorized/tied with.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a MacBook.

Cannot find users/....

In Applications I however deleted adobe Digital Editions.

I then installed ADE v3.0 again.

In Help menu, “authorize computer” is greyed out.

When clicking “authorization information” in help menu, it says my computer is already authorized.

It still doesn’t work and I don’t know what to do?

Thanks,

Marian

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marian,

Can you please try to hold down the Alt (Option) key when using the Go menu. The user Library folder is listed below the current user's home directory. Once you open the Library, please navigate to /Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. Now, try to authorize ADE and see if that works.

Also, if the above step doesn't work, launch ADE and press Command + Shift + D and it will prompt you to enter the password to continue to erase the authorization and click Erase Authorization. Once done, try to authorize again and see if that works.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!!

Thank you so much, I am so happy!

Thanks!!

Marian

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, now it's working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ADE for years.....I can still bring up my ebooks on my library page, but cannot transfer any of the ebooks to any of my Kobo ereaders, although Adobe insists that my readers ARE. authorized. I try to deauthorize and reauthorize again.....No luck.  I cannot understand why Adobe can not simplify there system for we ancient readers who were born pre-geckos world

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI....having the same problem.  Have you been able to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have; I deleted Adobe digital editions. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines