• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open an Ebook due to Errors that caused licensing errors

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i had never bought and Ebook before but needed to study for an upcoming test and bought a book online thinking it was a pdf. Learned it was an acsm file and so i took on learning how to use these files.

At first I opened the file into Adobe Digital Editions which I had installed as a software package from my school which they had setup (4 years ago), it loaded into my library fine but would crash every time I tried to open it.

So i read the forums and heard that reauthorizing could solve this problem and so began my major issues!!!!

After doing so i still got a e_auth_not_ready error, so i deleted the book from the library and tried a different version of the program without any avail. I had at the time used authorization without an ID, but made an ID to see if that would help, which i now understand was my downfall because I have no idea which account has rights to the file. Since deleting the book i have not been able to regain rights to the file and continuously get an error that says so when i try to import the file into the software.

I have tried my new account, my school ID (which i believe is what should of been on the computer to begin with from looking at my photoshop), as well as without an ID and none of the accounts have rights to the file.

Anyone have any ideas?? Is there a way to see which account has permission on the file? This was a $200 purchase.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?