• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open downloaded book.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right click on the downloaded link in my downloads file - Digital editions - which is open - does not show as an option.

What please should I do next.

I am a neurologically disabled computer dope who has difficulty following lengthy sequences.

I have used Digital Editions before and have several books downloaded, including one that I also purchased as an epub version.

TOPICS
Activation , Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

I contacted the bookstore once again, explaining what type of file this was. They e-mailed me back today saying that they were not supposed to deliver any books with this type of format, so they have refunded my purchase and I am going to get my money back. So I guess after all the issue was not with Adobe Digital Editions.

I am so sorry for wasting your time, but I am thankful for the help I got on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, I feel helpless. I have tried so many different options but the file is basically impossible to open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think eventually I did get access but this long after I cannot recall any detail.

I wish you well - maybe the seller can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said that your activation of Digital Editions is okay, but you could try using this to fix your problem, see error may occur when you try to read epubs:

When you download a PDF or epub, the Adobe activation server records the timestamp. This information is stored inside the book. When you open the book, this information is compared to your current system’s information.

If one or more of the clock time, date, or time zone are incorrect on your computer or device, then you won't be able to open the book until you correct them.

That's the easy fix. If it doesn't work, see How to download eBooks for Digital Editions in the section, "If Adobe Digital Editions does not download and open the file automatically, locate the .acsm file for your eBook on your hard disk." It tells you how to find the .acsm file location depending on where your browser (it's different for each one) automatically saves downloaded files, and then what to do next in order to access your book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My e-book is a .lcpl file, what type of file even is that? I have never seen it before, could this file-format be causing the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the bookstore once again, explaining what type of file this was. They e-mailed me back today saying that they were not supposed to deliver any books with this type of format, so they have refunded my purchase and I am going to get my money back. So I guess after all the issue was not with Adobe Digital Editions.

I am so sorry for wasting your time, but I am thankful for the help I got on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good outcome, Selma5C3F! You didn't waste our time.

I'm glad you got your money back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unable to open my downloaded books from archive.org...  getting a message, 'Error, Check Activation.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines