• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open my book on a different computer with the same adobeID

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that is a silly question but I have went through FAQ shared by adobe and found no clear answer how the adobeID and uuid works... To give some background: my AdobeID is authorised on two different computers (win7 and win10) and on each the same account have a different urn:uuid which prevents me from opening my book (in mean time I had to reset my adobeID password and both machines have different version of ADE installed 3.0 and 4.5 - not sure if this is crucial info here). So my questions is:

Is it normal that a different uuid is assigned to the same adobeID on each computer? Are the ebooks sold and then assigned only for one computer? If that is true I will ask for a refund because on the vendor page it was clearly stated that with ADE I will be able to read the book on multiple devices/computers...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

An Adobe ID used to authorise 2 different computers should have the same uuid. It is strange that you see two different ones there. It would be helpful if you could send me a private message and include screenshots of authorisation information dialog box from Adobe Digital Editions from both the machines.

The version of ADE being used would Not have any impact on this.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem... How do I send you a private message with attachments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Adobe staff,

I have exactly the same problem. Two different "urn:uuid" on my adobe account. I am using only one account with one ID!

I have two devices I can read my e-book. The other two devices have another urn:uuid, there i cannot rad my e-books.

Please be so kind to help me.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines