• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PDF version of ACSM

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe Digital Editions to open a Google eBook that I recently purchased. I want to be able to open the PDF version. I authorized the program with my Adobe ID and then loaded the book into my library. I located it in my File Explorer and found the PDF file under the Digital Editions file. However, when I open that PDF, it says it's corrupted.

TOPICS
ACSM files , Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your ACSM file is been successfully downloaded and you can read it without any issue in ADE, then your PDF book is fine. You can't double-click the PDF located in the File Explorer to open it with a non-ADE program, because the file has DRM protection. The program will say it's corrupted, protected, whatever, that's how Adobe DRM works, it restricts you to read only on authorized apps, and ADE is the only program to open ACSM on computer.

BTW, if you really want to read the book on other programs, then you need to convert Adobe Digital Editions PDF to normal PDF first. It's just for backup and personal use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines