• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot read e-books with Adobe Digital Edition. Errors while opening the book.

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot read e-books with Adobe Digital Edition. Errors while opening the book.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded library epub file to ADE, then copied to Nook devices.  The book is checked out for 7 days; however, both nook devices say "this book has been returned.  Loan not on record".  Went back to library site and confirmed book has NOT been returned and 7 days remain.  What is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be many people to have problems with the Adobe Digital Editions but no answer to these questions can’t be found on any of Adobe's forums?? I have installed ADE in the 2017 and bought also Photoshop CC E-book in the same year. I don’t know what has happened but after a half-year break, reading the book will no longer work. A simple activation server error code message appears on the screen: E_ACT_NOT_READY. And I really can’t find any expert advice on what it is about. There is, however, a wide range of slightly different error messages on each issue.

Carelia2093

E_ACT_NOT_READY.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barnes & Noble nook support told me to uninstall ade 4.5 and install ade 2.0.  I did and now am getting an activation error.  Isn't there anybody in Adobe support to respond to these questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wasted an hour waiting in a chat queue then chatting with 2 "support" agents who then referred me back to this posting.  I worked in IT and help desk for 30+ years and this level of support is inexcusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME TOO!!!!  She is referring me to this forum right now and I am livid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did any one find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One Agent just forwarded me here just now for help, but it seems there is no help to be found. I'm also getting the E_ACT_NOT_READY
message and when I check the book (which I bought) it says "the document is licensed for a different user account".
I only have one user account! I tried to deauthourize my account, but then I get an other error saying it's not possible at the moment. I also tried to uninstall Digital Editions and download it again. That did not help at all. I'm getting really frustrated since I had nothing but troubles with ADE since I started using it, and since it's student litteratur I really need to read it!  Can somebody help please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines