• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot remove authorization for Digital Editions

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions is presently not allowing me to access a book I have checked out of a local library. When investigating the issue it seems that I need to authorize my account, however, Digital Editions is already authorized to an account under an old e-mail that I no longer have access to (systemchalk@shaw.ca). When inquiring about the issue I was advised that there is no systemchalk@shaw.ca account. When attempting to erase the authorization for the @SHAW.ca account, it requests a password which is being declined (either due to the account not existing or me not knowing the password and not being able to reset it due to no longer having access to the address).

I would like to enable Digital Editions to use this, the appropriate Adobe account. A secondary concern would be the removal of the old account and/or its consolidation into the e-mail address I have proper access to.

(Note: I was asked to re-post this by support. The situation has not changed since the original posting)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Windows:

Close all applications.
    Press WINDOWS + R.
    In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
    Remove the Adept Folder.
    In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
    Close the Registry Editor.
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
    Navigate to /Users/Library/Application

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.
    Press WINDOWS + R.
    In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
    Remove the Adept Folder.
    In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
    Close the Registry Editor.
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
    Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any solution that begins with opening the registry editor is a serious failure in the design of ADE.  If someone doesn't know what they are doing, they can break Windows or applications can fail mysteriously days later.  The ADE user will have probably forgotten about changing a registry key or value by then, and so won't contact Adobe.  Instead they will waste time with Microsoft or app support trying to debug the problem.       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying numerous passwords to no avail in an attempt to re-authorize my computer to another Adobe account, this was the solution I was seeking.  Thank you so much; it worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines