• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED No permission to copy the book [2016]

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using ADE for years with my Kobo touch. I received a new Kobo Glo for Christmas but I cant seem to transfer books to the ereader as it keeps saying CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED No permission to copy the book. When I look at others with the same issue, the support asked if the reader is auth as well... how do you do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you Digital Edition and your reader authoirze with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nanaky,

i have the same problem. I have ADE and Kobo Glo authorized with the same ADOBE ID. Since the last download of E-books, it doesn´t work.

What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message do are get? The same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error message trying to download my ebook form Adobe Digital Editions to Kobo ereader

CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED No permission to copy the book (This is the error message I get).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also receive the error message Unable to download Error getting license.  License server communication problem.  E_LIC_ALREADY_FULLFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get the error that fulfilled by another User when the eBook are linked with a other Adobe ID.

Often its happens when you open/download a eBook before you authorize Digital Edition. Then

authorize and can the eBook no longer read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to download the snook to an ereader. How do I solve the issue? Thus is what my questions is. I want to be able to read the books I just bought.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you open/download before your Download its can no read after authoirze. Ask your reseller of the eBook for a new download because technical problem. If you have luck you must not pay 2x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding something similar and it's only with books from the library. I notice that when they download, they are ascm in the download file. Most purchased books from kobo download as URLLinks and I don't have this problem with those. This has only been a problem since recently. I did not have this issue before. I've had the same reader for several years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If both right authoirze with the adobe id before you are download the eBook its a problem with the file itself. Has you contact your library for check the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I managed to fix this problem by downloading the book again.

2. I still cannot read. In spite of having followed the instructions (deauthorise/reuthororise) on Kobo website. The book cannot be opened because the device is not authorised. Kobo claims it is an ADE problem and suggests installing an older version of ADE. On the other hand, I have read many books using the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems the Reader has not right authrize. Has you try to reset the reader and authorize new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually more complicated than that.

I downloaded a second (random) book to test. All worked perfectly well, but the first book still would not open on the Kobo (repeat: I had de-authorised and re-authorised both the PC and the Kobo). I concluded the problem was with the file (which is what ADE or Kobo, cannot recall which, suggested) and wrote a longish message to the library asking them to refresh the file. As soon as I sent the message, the book became readable.

My feeling is that there is a problem with my Kobo. It does do strange things from time to time, unlike the first one I had (that I gave to my wife so I can buy the Glo and read in the dark).

Conclusion: still have no real idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to give back the ebook and load again new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Let me recapitulate. There are two distinct, possibly related, problems.

1. ADE will not allow an ebook to be copied to a reader (as in the title of this thread). This seems often fixable by de-authorising and re-authorising both the computer and the reader.

2. The reader will not open the copied book, saying the reader has no authorisation. It seems this is sometimes repaired by the same process as in 1.

On the other hand, some computers/readers.book behave differently, see my previosu response describing the strange experience. Of course, Adobe will say it is the reader's problem, Kobo will say it is Adobe's. Both will sometimes claim it is the book file. While this is possible, my experience so far is that it is not.

Has anyone done more extensive testing then I have (i.e. more that two books, some work some do not, authorising, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded 9 books; 4 were copied successfully to my Kobo, while for five I lacked permission to copy. If the problem was with authorization, then none of them should have been copied. I've tried re-downloading the books, and re-downloading them in an older version of ADE, and neither solved the problem.

I see this is an old thread. If someone found a solution, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I right click on the book in ADE and then look at 'info' it tells me that I have permission to read the book on any device but I have no permission to copy or to print. Like the above everything is authorised, I have loaded, un loaded etc etc several times but I still cannot not open and read it on my KOBO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem with one of the books and believe it was because i tried to download it with the wrong authorisation and even after changing the auth it wouldnt let me open or transfer it. I then renewed the borrow to extend it for another week (i am borrowing it from my library) and I was able to download it again and then transfer it to my kobo. I did try to download it again before renewing it and it still wouldnt work. so if youre also borrowing try to extend the borrow period and it will hopefully help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is fixed by setting the compatibility of the Adobe Digital Eiditions to Win XP SP3. I don't know if it can work for you. But I think it is worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you set the compatibility of ADE to Win XP SP3?  I have ben copying library books to my Kobo for years and suddenly this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines