• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change email address

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using ADE to manage EPUB book purchases and transfers to my Sony reader.

I have not had the reader long and so far I have purchased just 2 books.

When I created my Adobe ID for ADE I used a hotmail email address as the account name, which

with hindsight may not have been such a good idea.

I would like to change my Adobe ID email address to a more permanent one. If I do this will

it mean I will no longer be able to read the protected books? Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change your email address by:

• going to http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nl=1
  • login (if needed)
  • click on "Edit your account information"
  • click on "AdobeID"
  • click on "Change" (underneath your AdobeID)
  • (Note the warning about your AdobeID - see my explanation below)
  • Enter your new email address (twice) and password
  • click Update

This will change you AdobeID, but keep it associated with the same account ID that your books are licensed too.  While our QA group has tested this (and I just did a triple check for you), I can't speak to how this will impact any other Adobe services that use your AdobeID besides the Digital Editions and Adobe Content Server protected books in general.

After you change your AdobeID, you do not need to reauthorize your currently authorized computer & devices.  Even though it will show the old email address for you AdobeID what matters here is the underlying account ID that will not have changed.  For any new devices that you authorize you will need to use the new email address to authorize the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why can't a change be made in ADE to allow a new email address be added or changed to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines