• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing my email address and retaining access to my ebooks [2015]

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software is authorized to oldemail@domain.com.  Over the years, I have purchased many DRM ebooks (both DRM PDF and EPUB) from various vendors.  After purchasing, the vendor provides me with an .acsm file ("Adobe Content Server Message" file).  When I open the .acsm file, ADE downloads the ebook (PDF or EPUB) and places it in ADE for me to read.

In ADE, if I right-click on the ebook and select "Item Info," it says:

Permissions

Licensed To: oldemail@domain.com

urn:uuid:########-####-####-####-############

where # is a number 0-9 or a letter a-f.

Clearly, the ebook is licensed to oldemail@domain.com, which is my Adobe ID and the email address to which ADE is authorized.

But now, I need to change my email address, from oldemail@domain.com to newemail@domain.com.

I know that I can change the email address I use for my Adobe ID by following the instructions here.  I also know, from the discussion here, that I can deauthorize ADE by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac).  Then, the next time I run ADE, I can reauthorize using my new email address/Adobe ID, newemail@domain.com.

However, even if I do that, I believe that all of my ebooks will still be licensed ONLY to oldemail@domain.com -- and NOT to newemail@domain.com.  That is what the post here says:

this does not change the underlying account ID, and it definitely doesn't change the underlying DRM account ID (which is separate from your Adobe ID account ID).

So, my question is, how can I change my email address, from oldemail@domain.com to newemail@domain.com, and still be able to read all of my old ebooks?

I would be so, so grateful if anyone could please help me with this!  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not change his Adobe ID. You can in his Account add a secound Mail adress (for Passwort reset in the furture). For this should used his current Mail address. And the old Mail adress should still your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adove Digital Editions secure accounts based on email address are presuming that you will keep your email address for life.

I've crashed my computer a few years ago and forgot to keep the 8 years old email account "hardcoded" to my Adobe account.

I suppose it is a way to try to sell a digital book twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the e-mail are your need you need the access to the email-account. Conect the customer support because need access to your account. Sometimes exist a possible that you get access again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it looks like if a email address is not valid anymore (account deleted), login denies access and declares your password wrong which is false. It is like you do not exist anymore. This is over simplified logic, real life is never like that.

As far as I understand ADE support web page, it is not free and I do not intent to pay to get support.

So far I succeed to change my email address on one of my ebook vendor web site.

There're probably two others to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in the same boat.  I inadvertentlty used my work email and now I am retired and the account is deleted.  Adobe should be able to change it.  What's up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines