• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer authorized but not Kobo

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe digital edition is enabled on my computer but I cannot enable it on my Kobo. I tried about everything, including reinstalling ADE, restarting the computer, reinitializing the ereader. Help.

Luc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been struggling with authorization issues on my Kobo.

Books from the library that are protected will not open on my Kobo.

I can read them in ADE. I can verify that both my Kobo and ADE are authorized correctly. I still can not read the books.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE.

I have factory reset my Kobo.

I have even downloaded ADE 3.0 but unfortunately the library won't let me open the books in 3.0 any more.

I have seen this problem over and over and over again on the forums with no solution.

A quick Facebook poll of my friends revealed many of us are having the same issues - including people who I would consider extremely computer savvy.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had similar issue ; First uninstall the adobe digital editions and factory reset the kobo

I cleared the problem by Error messages and troubleshooting tips for activation errors in Adobe Digital Editions

remove the adept & adobe digital editions files in registry as the link says :

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit, and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the registry key, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key. Click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize

I also removed adobe digital editions in the same registry and  in MY DOCUMENTS and in APPDATA.

After fresh install of adobe digital editions and reauthorizing the kobo, everything worked fine for new books downloaded; previous books cannot be read since they had a different id.

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this procces. It worked for me.

Go to the file My documents. Then, the file My Digital Editions and rename this file My Digital Editions.old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines