• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer lost its ADE Authorization

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my computers which was authorized for ADE is no longer shown as authorised. The many books that had DRM and opened with no problems now will obviously not open. As I have a couple of computers that are still authorized and have all those books on them I actually do not have a problem.

My question is does anyone have any ideas about how that could have happened?

Could it have been done deliberately by the Adobe server, my understanding was that once authorized it is never revoked and even people with lost and stolen computers could never get it removed. Over the many years I have been a user with computers going out of date or breaking I probably have ended up exceeding device limits but my understanding was that if a device remained unused for a certain period the server took this into account, certainly seemed to be the case with me but physical removal of authorization? Never heard of it!

Any other theories like perhaps a Windows update or similar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recently I thought about this and I now think it was probably caused by changing user details on the computer, perhaps authorisation is by user and not by computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines