• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Computer Authorization; Content became inaccessible; How to access?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm having a problem accessing my file which was accessed by a computer-authorized device after reauthorizing.

to help anyone better understand my issue, here's exactly what happened:

1. i downloaded an ACSM file.

2. installed Digital Editions (DE).

3. computer-authorized my device - lets call this authorization AUTH1.

4. opened the file; DE stopped responding; closed it, then redid this step about 4 times - same result.

5. installed DE on my mobile, logged in to my adobe account - lets call this authorization ID.

6. tried downloading the same ACSM file to my mobile using mobile-installed DE - failed; i figured it was because it was tagged to AUTH1.

7. erased AUTH1 authorization; because the prompt said only if i reinstalled my OS would i have issues accessing it again.

8. tried accessing the file from ID, realized that it my file is tied to AUTH1 and wont be able to view it there anymore.

9. computer-authorized my device again..... CANT ACCESS MY ACSM file (worth USD100).

Hoping i wouldnt need to buy the same file again.. I NEED HELP ,

Dic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The authorisation of the eBook can not change of any person. You can only ask the reseller of the ebook if you can downlaod the ebook now so that can linked with the right ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nanaky! this makes sense, i was able to fix the authorization issue but have crash issues with ADE itself. everytime i access the file from my authorized laptop, ADE crashes. But i can open the file in my mobile under the same account 😕

My main issue now is that ADE is unable to read the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines