Highlighted

Design editions [Where to download Adobe Digital Editions?]

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download adobe design editions to read for ebooks, but I only get a message that the page isn't available. Has it been replaced by other software and if so, what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Design editions [Where to download Adobe Digital Editions?]

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download adobe design editions to read for ebooks, but I only get a message that the page isn't available. Has it been replaced by other software and if so, what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the impression from the Adobe website and forums that Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) has been abandoned by Adobe.

404s, no download links, even fewer online references. Seems like a project which is dead.

I did find this post in the ADE forums which may be useful

Where can I download Digital Editions?

However, I think I'd be looking for an alternative eBook reader given Adobe's seeming abandonment of the project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2017 1
Guide ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Digital Editions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ADE download page is linked to almost every academic ebook provider (EBSCO, ProQuest, etc), and right now it shows "Sorry this page is unavailable."  I hope that access is restored quickly!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the download page should now be working. Possibly the new updated site could have been causing the 404 Error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see. It looked very different at the weekend.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 0