Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions 4.5.1.11 iOS crashes after update

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After updating to the latest version of the app I cannot read books anymore. I can see the library but when selecting a book the app crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstall but no luck. iOS version is 13.5.1. Any suggestions or help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also crashes and removes ADE when updating to 4.5.11 in Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it started with 4.5.10 not working - installed 4.5.11 - same issue - I even unistalled 4.5.11 and installed 3.0 - still does the same thing - everything worked fine Wednesday with 4.5.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm running Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ADE was fine until this update. When I touched a title, the app would close down. I contacted Adobe who said they no longer support ADE. I unstalled (losing 23 books I was to review - I'm a book seller) and reinstalled, but now there are dozens of grey "ghost" books showing up. Ridiculous. If the app no longer works, the app should be removed from the app store. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a related issue using Digital Editions 4.5.1.11 and iOS 12.4.7 iPhone 6+

I can read simple; books like Adobe Systems 'Getting Started with ADE' and 'The Adventures of Sherlock Homes'

When I create an EPUB from the new Apple Pages EPUB export, those books read fine on ADE on my iMac. But when I download to my iPhone iOS, they crash upon open, or display really horribly.

Now I find even versions created from iBooks author will no longer open on ADE.

I've tried the usual: clearing memory by holding down the power off and home screen.

Also, books imported to my Library on my Mac don't transfer to my iPhone anymore.

I note on the Apple App store more than several complaints about the iOS version of this app. I lend my criticism.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/adobe-digital-editions/id952977781

Example posting:

Terrible. iOS version useless, macOS version very poor.

Not only did it fail to load an Oxford University Press book sold by an ePub book site specifically for this app. Downloading one of the sample books on the app’s own website resulted in that book appearing in iBooks, in which it cannot open. It did not appear in this app.

The macOS version of Adobe Digital Editions (not on the App Store, i.e. beware) did work, up to a point. The typeface was terrible (very low res), navigation wasn’t a patch on Kindle’s, and the claimed ability to read the book on other devices defeated my ability to find it.

How did this app get through Apple’s vetting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing happened  to me. Try to open a book and the app crashes. I contacted Apple support but was told to contact Adobe. I can find no way to contact a real person or at least get an email response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines