Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions 4.5.5 Installer Return Code 1223 [Windows]

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just curious if anyone has any input on this. With the latest version of Digital Editions (4.5.5) released on June 13th, 2017, the installer does not return a '0' error code after installation. Instead of '0', each time we install the product the error code returned is '1223'. Is this a successful installation or is something failing in the background? The product seems to be installed and functional, but I would like to know (hopefully from Adobe) whether or not a 1223 signals success.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same thing when deploying with SCCM. I am calling the EXE with a /s switch and although the app appears to install, it returns a 1223 exit code which is read as a failure. We previously deployed version 4.5.3 and that went off without a hitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same error message when deploying 4.5.6 error code 1223. Supposely, the error states "the user cancel the operation", however, I used the switch command /S to deploy this in silent. I rolled back and deployed the same command on version 4.5.4 and it ran successfully, returning value is 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that this is related to the inclusion of Norton Security in the exe. Even when using /S there was a popup window wanting me to install Norton. To get rid of that we found that adding a registry key made the installation think Norton was already installed and we could deploy without getting the popup. But instead we got the 1223-error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fredjon, Hi, I am having the same problem, would you be a little more spacefic and show how you add the registry key. Thanks, Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Markmmm

If not already answered, in whatever PowerShell script your using, I set these  keys BEFORE I install;

Set-RegistryKey -Key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\N360' -Name 'ADETemp64InstallKey' -Value '1' -Type String
Set-RegistryKey -Key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\N360' -Name 'ADETemp32InstallKey' -Value '1' -Type String

Note that the "Set-RegistryKey" is my own internal Function.  If you need the code behind this, let me know.  After i've completed the silent install with a /S i clean up those keys with my internal function as well;

Remove-RegistryKey -Key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\N360'
Remove-RegistryKey -Key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\N360'

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me, trying in PSAppDeploy too. I still get error code 1223.

Should those reg keys be a Dword rather than a String though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You can add -PassThru command (if you are working in PowerShell) 

Eg:

Execute-Process -Path "ADE_4.5_Installer.exe" -Parameters '/S' -WindowStyle 'Hidden' -PassThru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest way is to just add -PassThru (if you are using Powershell script)

Eg:

Execute-Process -Path "ADE_4.5_Installer.exe" -Parameters '/S' -WindowStyle 'Hidden' -PassThru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines