• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions activation

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running latest OS High Sierra on a Mac laptop.  Multiple re-installs of ADE (and Cloud Reader, too, since my local library acct. # shows up in a dialog box), and attempts to follow Adobe directions to reauthorize, etc. 

And I’ve done this directive (multiple times):

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

BUT There is no “Digital Editions” nor “activation.dat” file to be found on my Mac (at least not following directions given by Adobe).  There are 40-50 subfolders within Library-ApplicationSupport-Adobe, but NONE named “Digital Editions”--which is where that “activation.dat” file is supposed to be.

[My sentiments were well said by another frustrated user months ago (which I found this morning when continuing to try to remedy this problem:

Re: Unable to Erase Computer Authorization on D.E. 4.5 on Apple Laptop iOS
pauls84718714

So, 24 hours later, I remain stuck. 

Is there anything for me to do other than cancel the ebook order with New World Publications--and avoid any vendor like them that uses ADE?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. ADE 4.5.8.182914, macOS 10.13.5.

The application just hangs every time I try to authorize it. It doesn't matter if I try with a vendor login or without logging in--it just hangs at "Authorizing..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sure that open the right library ? (User liberary and not system library)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's the hidden folder, opened via go-to-folder -> ~/Library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is strange. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tell me! The Adobe folder (within Application Support, within Library) has items like Adobe Bridge CC 2018 that I’ve also purchased and/or downloaded. Would the "system library" have those?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines