• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions App Crashes

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm frustrated by the run-around over this, so I'll give it a shot this way. The Digital Editions app, which I have used previously with no issue, is continuously crashing since I installed the latest update a week or so ago. Since I have several ARCs I received from publishers that expire (some of them very soon), I tried using the chat support option. There I was told that there is no chat support for DE and to come to the forum to post my query. Since several other people had posted concerns, I replied to another comment in the hopes that someone would give a suggestion of how to fix the issue for both myself and the original poster.

After receiving an email that said my case was open and that I should contact chat if I had difficulties, I was confused by what was going on because I had been told there was no chat support. Now, my case having closed because I didn't get a chance to do anything about it while I worked this week, I tried contacting support again and was told again to post here.

While the individuals helping me have been very nice, I'm deeply frustrated by a product that is not working. When it initially started crashing, I deleted and reinstalled the app on the assumption that it was something on my phone that was the issue. Nope. It hasn't worked on my phone or my tablet and now the books I've been trying to read just won't work. So I don't know what kind of bug the app has in it or if it's something anyone cares about, but I'd love to at least get a response that tells me whether or not I should dump it completely and try a different app because I'm exhausted.

Fingers crossed somebody cares!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue. I have uninstalled ADE then reinstalled. The install looks okay, however the library won't load. I have also contacted support and advised that as ADE is a free product there is no support. I have no idea which other app I can use for my books etc. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually use the Books app, so I was only using this one for ARCs from publishers. The alternative file to download for those is supposed to work on Kindles and my coworker suggested trying the Kindle app. I haven't given it a try yet (not a huge Amazon fan), but I might have to since this one isn't cutting it.

I'm sorry you haven't had any luck either - it's definitely tough when you've tried everything an no one is responding with helpful advice... If I stumble on a solution, I'll try to update here, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines