• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions deleted highlighting and notes

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using digital editions for a couple of weeks to read a book, highlight in it, and take notes. It was downloaded as a loan from a university library, which only allowed me to view the book in its entirely in digital editions - I could not download it as a seperate PDF. When I opened it this evening, all of my work had disappeared - all highlighting, notes and bookmarks are gone. The book had not been deleted or re-downloaded. No changes at all to how I was using things. This was all for a dissertation so I am understandably quite upset that my work is gone. I was initially told by support that digital editions is old (helpful...) and that potentially, attempting to open the file in acrobat would resolve this issue and save me many hours of redoing my work. However I have already tried to open the file both on acrobat and reader, and simply receive the message 'The security plug-in required by this command is unavailable.'

I have spent an hour and a half being passed to 4 support team members about this, so any help would be greatly appreciated! I have tried older tips I found for solving the issue (such as highlighting something new to bring up the old again) but with no  result.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with Adobe.

All my highlighted notes and bookmarks have disappeared!

PLEASE FIX THIS ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me just now and I am PISSED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing happened to me, except that I purchased the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines