• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions freezes and will not import my acsm file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is my first attempt at buying and reading an e-book. I have no prior experience with Digital Editions. It just keeps giving me issues. It freezes during the transfer of the book into the program. The whole green bar shows as full, but the only option is cancel which doesn't work either. The program gives you an error that it is waiting for the program to respond, and you either wait or force it closed. I waited 2 hours for the book to import before forcing the app closed. When I reopened the app it showed my book, but yet again if you try to read it or do anything for that matter, the program freezes and you have to force it closed. I double checked that I had the most recent version of Digital Editions from the Adobe website, I re-downloaded the program, uninstalled, reinstalled, and tried again and i'm still getting the same problem. I removed the book from the library (as I figured that maybe it got corrupted considering it was force closed) and attempted to open the book in the program again. I am running WIN 10 PRO x64 on an Alienware 15 R2 laptop with 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Core i7 6820 (8 cores overclocked and tuned precisely to 4.1 gHz each), NVIDIA 980m, 1 TB PCIe SSD (OS/programs) and a secondary 1TB 7200 rpm Seagate. I have a 1 Gbps (yes, 1 GB) download and a 10 Mbps upload so network connectivity during the download is not an issue as far as I can see. I'm hesitant to re-download the book file itself because I can only do it 3 more times, as the company I bought it from has put restrictions on it. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?