• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DIGITAL EDITIONS NOT AUTHORIZED

New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"oops this document couldn't be opened. This Document is protected by Adobe digital rights management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sigh in with the authorized adobe ID and try again."

Hey . I' m getting this error message on my Kobo reader - never had it before , and its only for one book in particular, which yes is from the library (toronto public library via Overdrive ebooks), but its absolutely not expired. i can read said book on my computer on digital editions, but not on the reader.

I have done everything including authorizing deauthorizing on computer and kobo and resetting entire kobo back to 0 and back again and deleted all the books on it and deleted all the books on my computer and downloaded and reinstalled and deleted again and again and reset everything and signed in and out of everything and did everything and I guarantee my proper Adobe account is signed in and authorized on both devices.

i I even tried getting digital editions version 3 and it didn't fix this error. Im on El Capitan OS X btw.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.... but I have already read that thread and tried using version 3.0 as stated above, No luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you both version installed? If yes you should uninstall one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have uninstalled 4.5, I only have 3.0 on my computer and i did everything found in the other thread (I promise). do you have any further recommendations??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you also try to reset your reader and authoirze again wiht Adobe ID and move files again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I have done that multiple times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can open the eBook without a problem in Digital Edition, is the problem by the transfer to the reader. If reset not work you should first check if get the error only with eBooks wiht the Library or also which ohter eBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat site has no answers for anything, sent me to forums.

DIGITAL EDITIONS NOT AUTHORIZED

This question is    STILL    Not Answered - been 2 months since this issue was first introduced.

ADE "Help" links are NOT very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and have called and tried everything. Have you given up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding myself to this string. I have the same problem. Updated to 4.5 and now I can't borrow books from the library any longer. Tried to de- and re-authorize my computer--ADOBE wouldn't even let me de-authorize, let alone reauthorize.

Since Editions is a free program I don't rate tech support, am dependent on this forum for support. Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe Digital Edition is stupid. I have had nothing but trouble with it, and I have given up borrowing library e-books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I had an old email as my entry, but cannot delete it as I've forgotten the email and it is no longer accessible by me to reset that email.  I have new library card and new 4.5 and have downloaded FSR Reader, blah blah, that is supposed to provide connectivity via Windows 10 but STILL I get "authorization issues".

FEH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Went online to adobe "chat" but they no longer support Adobe Digital Editions through chat.  And I see we are all just going round and round.  I'm beginning to think it is the new "Overdrive" program--nothing has worked on either my old or my new computer since that has been the method of library checkout.  I am going to talk to my local library tomorrow to see if they have a "work around".  I just don't think it is the Nook that is the problem, nor my computer.  I even went back 5 years to verify my old Adobe signon and password because I was getting "incorrect password" on an old email signon--nope, it was correct.  It just doesn't work--and the old 2.0 version of ADE won't let me unauthorize or reauthorize my computer.  The new version 4.5 and it will let me unauthorize/reauthorize but the best I can do is read the book online--but when I try to download to my Nook, it shows "unknown author" which we all know means it isn't really there, or it has expired or something.  If you follow the suggestion to return the book and start over, of course you lose the book and cannot check it out again--you have to get back in line for the book, which is a pain for new books--572 in line ahead of you!  Anyway, I don't have any answers, all I have are issues and more questions!  If somebody figures this out (and Adobe certainly isn't going to help us) PLEASE post your solution!!!  Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on ADE issues and computer authorization:  after many hours, I found that ADE is available in several editions, i.e. 2.0, 3.0 and 4.5.  I downloaded 3.0 but then found the 4.5 edition that I already had in my computer's  Windows (C:) drive, then "Users", then "Documents", under Digital Editions.  I opened the 4.5 edition and was able to authorize my Adobe account (I had done this during initial setup weeks ago).  For some reason after I did that, I was able to finally SUCCESSFULLY transfer the e-pub file to my Nook and open it.  I'm not sure why it worked, but it may be that the original ADE application wasn't authorized correctly, or that it was corrupt.  Try this and see if it works for you...maybe I just got lucky, and maybe it won't work next time, but at least I can finally read my library book before it expires!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same problem, but it seeems to be intermittant. Sometimes I am able to download from my library and other times not. I notice that the last reply to this thread was dec 2016. Does that mean no one else has had the problem sincs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines