Highlighted

Digital Editions not working

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7, mostly use Chrome, latest version.

I have had Digital Editions for about a year or so. I got it specifically to download books, that will only download

to it, not my Kindle or anything else.  I had downloaded the "getting started" booklet, and then I also downloaded

a book I paid for. Everything was fine until just recently. I had trouble trying to even open the "getting started"
booklet, which I tried after I couldn't open my book, my one book I have had a year. When I first bought the

book it worked fine on Digital Editions, the problem is now, when I tried to look up some info in the book,

(it is for genealogy research), it will no longer open. I get error messages as others have described, tried

to deactivate after not finding help under help at Adobe. Nothing works! I cannot deactivate it, I get an

error message that says to try later, I have tried for over a week, all after clearing my cache, nothing works.

The book was not cheap, now I can not open it! What can I do? I saw in one place that if I had an older

version it might fix the problem, but also saw if I download a different version I lose my book, so what now?

I tried to download a sample book from Adobe, it won't work either, all because of the authorization code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Digital Editions not working

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7, mostly use Chrome, latest version.

I have had Digital Editions for about a year or so. I got it specifically to download books, that will only download

to it, not my Kindle or anything else.  I had downloaded the "getting started" booklet, and then I also downloaded

a book I paid for. Everything was fine until just recently. I had trouble trying to even open the "getting started"
booklet, which I tried after I couldn't open my book, my one book I have had a year. When I first bought the

book it worked fine on Digital Editions, the problem is now, when I tried to look up some info in the book,

(it is for genealogy research), it will no longer open. I get error messages as others have described, tried

to deactivate after not finding help under help at Adobe. Nothing works! I cannot deactivate it, I get an

error message that says to try later, I have tried for over a week, all after clearing my cache, nothing works.

The book was not cheap, now I can not open it! What can I do? I saw in one place that if I had an older

version it might fix the problem, but also saw if I download a different version I lose my book, so what now?

I tried to download a sample book from Adobe, it won't work either, all because of the authorization code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2017 0

Have something to add?