Highlighted

Digital editions on Win crashes when attempting to quickly highlight text in a book after DE startup

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has anyone else encounterd the problem where DE editions hangs (is unresponsive) for a few seconds then crashes (closes spontaneously) when trying to highlight text?

This occurs mostly when attempting it immeditely after I open a file in DE. If I wait a minute or so it is less likely.

This occurs with the "Getting Started with Adobe Digital Editions 4.5" epub file.

EDIT: I have done some more testing. This doesn't occur if I bring up the right click menu showing highlight, then close it! e.g. the second time I bring up the right click menu I can select highlight and it works OK.

Attached: video showing the issue

Thanks, Robert

Adobe DE 4.5.10.186048

Windows 10 Home v 10.0.17763 Build 17763

TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Digital editions on Win crashes when attempting to quickly highlight text in a book after DE startup

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has anyone else encounterd the problem where DE editions hangs (is unresponsive) for a few seconds then crashes (closes spontaneously) when trying to highlight text?

This occurs mostly when attempting it immeditely after I open a file in DE. If I wait a minute or so it is less likely.

This occurs with the "Getting Started with Adobe Digital Editions 4.5" epub file.

EDIT: I have done some more testing. This doesn't occur if I bring up the right click menu showing highlight, then close it! e.g. the second time I bring up the right click menu I can select highlight and it works OK.

Attached: video showing the issue

Thanks, Robert

Adobe DE 4.5.10.186048

Windows 10 Home v 10.0.17763 Build 17763

TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2019 1
Nanaky LATEST
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to start ADE with right click and run as admin? 
If same problem check this: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html
Good Luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 1