Highlighted

Digital Editions PDF is blank

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need help with Adobe Digital Editions. I understand that the acsm file isn't the ebook and that it produces a pdf version of the book. And yet, when I open the pdf file, it just produces 200 blank pages using Preview in Apple. How can I read these books in PDF format as Adobe digital Editions doesn't let me zoom in and out of the books. All the features are greyed out. It is hard to read the book in tiny print.

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Digital Editions PDF is blank

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need help with Adobe Digital Editions. I understand that the acsm file isn't the ebook and that it produces a pdf version of the book. And yet, when I open the pdf file, it just produces 200 blank pages using Preview in Apple. How can I read these books in PDF format as Adobe digital Editions doesn't let me zoom in and out of the books. All the features are greyed out. It is hard to read the book in tiny print.

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what program are you using to try and view the pdf? Adobe DE?

Robert

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview in Apple. Google viewer from Google email. Caliber. Adobe reader. PDF is blank. Adobe DE is not user-friendly. The book font size can't be zoomed in or enlarged as the tools are all greyed out and not available. So the book font size is tiny and hard to read.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if your pdf was completely blank of whether you can't read it because the text was tiny. Now I understand. I think! 🙂

It sounds to me like the pdf you have isn't well constructed? Where did you get it from? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ebooks were downloaded using adobe digital editions and it converts them into blank pdf.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far did you get using Calibre?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work. It couldn't find the EBX_HANDLER security handler.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. Changing tack. Back to Adobe Digital Editions. When I look at my pdf book I am able to zoom in and out. Are you saying you can't do this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe DE, all of the features are greyed out and not available. The only thing I can do is full screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Here is a screenshot of what my Adobe  DE toolbar looks  like when viewing a pdf I purchased. Are you able to send me a screenshot of your toolbar with the options greyed out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an ebook in .acsm format. The pdf Adobe DE converted from it is blank. Attached is the .acsm format with the options greyed out. That is the maximum size the book opens to and it is a little bit small for me to read comfortably.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea. I opened the pdf in Adobe DE and it isn't blank after all. But the options are still greyed out. Attached is the screen shot. Basically the same as the .acsm format.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Sounds like we may be making progress! A little ha ha. 😁  This might be difficult but would you be able to try to open it on a PC instead of a Mac? You would need to install Adobe DE and then authorize it again? Maybe on a friend's PC?  This would narrow the problem down to the eBook itself or the Adobe program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. Unfortunately, I'm currently travelling and have no access to a PC. I've attached the ebook in PDF format for you to play around with. It opens in Mac Adobe DE but the options are greyed out as usual.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok when I try to open the pdf I get an error saying invalid file format? I think I might need to authorise my device to see the pdf?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help and patience. I just tried opening it with the adobe DE app on iPad and I can zoom in and out using the enlarging touch strokes so I guess that’s good enough. It just doesn’t work on my laptop since I have a Mac with no touch feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019 0