• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions "sucks the sweat off a deadman's back"

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand whether or not Digital Editions is flawed as a result of technical retardation on the part of its developers (unlikely), or because it represents a triumph somehow of the rights of publishers over those that pay for access to that published content.

The reason for doubting that the crippling navigational and other shortcomings of the product as a result of profound programming retardation comes as a result of comparing Digital Editions to Reader, Acrobat, and so forth. I guess it's cool to play at communist until the folks cutting the bigger check object.

I just spent for instance 85 bucks on an electronic text for a law class. The scrolling, inability to copy any text whatsoever, even though I can easily type out what I need in a time-consuming manner, the almost horrificly bad resizing tools and behaviours, I just don't know where to start.

Let me just finish by offering both a hearty and sincere, "thanks for a piece of crap".
TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than 11 year later and still, this app feels the same.  THE BIG ISSUE is that there no plugin to  even be able to use acrobat reader  instead of that weither it's windows or mac os  this app need more tuning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this digital editions is total BS!  I spent 5 Thousand South African Rand to obtain the 5 ITIL books I need to write my upgrade exam.  I find it almost impossible to use digital editions and cannot access the knowledge I require.  I cannot copy work to learn it.  I cannot run a reader against it.  I cannot NAVIGATE around MY BOOKS.  This is total and utter nonsence.  Adobe you guys suck suck suck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's 2020 and Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 still sucks. I can't believe that I am still forced to use this to read my PDF book as this app is so out of date, I can't scroll, I can't look at the table of contents easily, I can't copy and paste, properly annotate... Like, this app was conceived when the internet was conceieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree DE is a crap of software and adobe support worse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13 years later, ADE STILL SUCKS! MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAHD! CAN'T EVEN SCROLL DECENTLY! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only concur this app is the worst dungheap I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Adobe I know you can do much better... this crap app is really letting your reputation down..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading this almost a decade later AND IT STILL SUCKS DONKEY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines