• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions to kobo

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My books from the library get to digital editions but can't get them to load to my kobo. What do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

What happens when you try to transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transfer from the library.  It says it transfers and then when i try to say add to library it says it is already added to the library but I don't have a library tab to open to see the books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem But I can't open the suggested advice that you received from the forum. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. It worked fine last week and now I am getting an error message that I am not authorized to copy the book. This is a book from the library.

I uninstalled 4.5 and re-installed 3.0 as I read a thread saying that worked. It did not for me.

Please provide a real answer/solution/steps to correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem since updating KoboGlo and ADE to the latest versions.

I've updated, sync'ed, rebooted, logged-off, logged-on, deleted, re-uploaded Digital Reads and/or Kobo several times. I have removed the library books and re-uploaded them. I also did a factory reset on the Kobo (therefore removing all of my books) But still, after each time, I get the message "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book [and] is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM). Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)". 

Before doing the factory reset, the only thing that changed was that suddenly, a library book that I was able to read began to display the "not authorized" message.

Note that I am able to read the books on my computer. They are just not showing in Kobo.

Please provide a real solution to this, rather than claiming that "What happens?" is the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem when borrowing books from a public library with my Tolino Vision 4 HD. The Tolino is an e-book reader sold here in Europe and is also manufactured by Rakuten Kobo Inc. I have tried the same steps as described by Etherwork, but with no luck whatsoever. I even deleted the Adept registry key (as described in another thread) in the Windows Registry and downgraded from ADE 4.5 to 3.0 but it didn't help.

I only get the error message "An error occurred while loading your file. The file is presumably damaged and cannot be opened. Please contact customer service." Frustrating, to say the least...

I now put my hope to Kobo (and Adobe?) with all fingers crossed so they will fix this annoying bug once and for all for both the Tolino and Kobo e-book readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must first totally erase ADE 5.0 before installing ADE 3.0.  Go through control panel/programs/uninstall to perform this.  Then wipe out all shortcuts.  Reinstall ADE 3.0 and authorize both computer and KOBO. (for KOBO need to click the "gear" icon upper right within ADE.

Was making me crazy too but this was the ticket.  (KOBO, Aura H2O ~ 2016)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all advice, removed ADE completely including shortcuts as well as cache and cookies (several times).  When I re-install ADE, it is already authorized automatically.  Then when I authorize my Kobo reader, it still says it is not authorized.  (Kobo Aura HD).  Any ideas how I can get the reader to accept library books?  And Yes, I have been in touch with Kobo and followed several instructions from them.  They are at a loss and said to contact Adobe as it must be their problem.

emoedt@live.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help, but after a lot of trying to authorize and deauthorize my computer and Kobo device through Adobe Digital Editions, I finally found out (via the OverDrive website help section) that newer devices can download directly from OverDrive. Here is the link to help you get started:

https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/2194.htm

Again, this is for newer devices, I'm using a Kobo Clara HD. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my kobo device cant get an authorisation computer: it is an activationserver problem. what can you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After perusing this forum for other possible fixes, and reading the replies to javastop's question in March of this year, on this very subject (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1499879), I called the 800 number provided by jackieg: "you might want to give Kobo a call...Please give us a call at 1 (800) 368-5390 from 9 AM to 9 PM, 7 days a week"

I spent quite a long time with Theodore, who was very willing to assist. He walked me through the very steps that I have gone through several times on my own (removing Kobo authorization, removing ADE authorization, re-authorizing ADE, re-authorizing Kobo, ascertaining that the library books were indeed in the Kobo and that the annoying message was still present for each book). He then put me on hold for about 3 minutes, only to return to tell me the bad news: This is a known issue (duh...) and that there will be an update within 48 hours.

Fingers crossed that the update will fix the nightmare. I really don't want to have to go back to hardcover library books. They're not nearly as easy to read at night....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  There obviously is not an update that fixes this yet.  Has anyone else received a solution?

This is extremely frustrating....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Spent no small amount of time trying to load three library books onto my Kobo, one of which was a renewal. Hopefully the solution comes soon. The public library's clock doesn't adjust to meet glitches in software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the patient and very knowledgeable help from the local library staff, we found out it is a problem with ADE 4.5 that Adobe wont fix. So here is what I did. Unauthorize Kobo device and then unauthorize computer in ADE. Uninstall ADE 4.5 and turn off computer to let it remember who is boss - about 3 minutes. Now start fresh. Install ADE 3.0 and authorize your computer. Connect the Kobo and authorize the device. I then shut down the computer to let it put everything in its place (might not be necessary but couldnt hurt). When I turned it on and went through the process of downloading the books from the library and then transferred them to my Kobo, all went well as it had in the past.

Kudos to the ladies at the Central Branch of the London Public Library in London Ontario. They know their stuff and how to find the answers if they dont.  I hope this helps everyone else. Lets get back to reading again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem corrected. Thank you so much. I followed the instructions provided and my Kobo is back in action. Once installing the earlier version of Adobe Digital Editions from the Kobo website I was able to download and open all of yesterday's "problem" library books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem but just wondering if I get ride of new ADE and load 3.0 will I lose all the library books I downloaded last night?

So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kristy, I was advised to remove those books from my library and after following the above instructions download them again. It worked for me. Hope you can get back to reading again soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I did remove the books from my library and my Kobo is now speaking to ade BUT I cannot download the books I have borrowed nor can I return them and try again. Just have to wait 2 weeks and start again. After my trip    The whole thing took about 8 hours. Good luck everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, please, tell me which is the "instructions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the following list, I am paraphrasing Maureen's excellent advice that finally released me from my anguish:

Delete the problem book(s) from your ereader.

Open Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. Check to see if you can read the problem book(s) in ADE. Connect your e-reader. Erase authorization on ADE (Go to the Help Menu at the top). Erase the authorization for the ereader (go to the side menu of ADE). Keep the e-reader connected to the computer.

Go to your public library website and get a NEW book. Upload the new book to ADE. Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. If it doesn't, go back to "help" at the top and reauthorize ADE. Go to the side menu of ADE to re-authorize your ereader.

Drag the new book into your e-reader. Select "ereader" (ie: NOT all items, or borrowed items, or...). Try opening the book in the ereader area. If it opens there, it's likely that it will open in your e-reader.

Re-upload what were the problem book(s) to your e-reader. Again, select "ereader" in ADE and check that the book(s) can be read there.

Disconnect your e-reader from the computer. Be able to read your book(s) at last!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci.

J'ai suivi ces instructions pour reconnecter mon liseuse KOBO HD GLO. Excelent.

Mais, c'était aussi un problème du câble. J'ai en acheté un chinoise, marque EKA, avec "High-speed USB data-cable" and "synchronizing and recharging your data cable".

Alors, tout va bien.

Marcio.

Rio

Brésil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since talking to Theodore at Support, there was a brief and tiny window when I was successful at uploading books to my Koboglo HD.

Alas, the window is closed again. A book that I have borrowed and CAN read on the computer (hardly ideal) is going to expire in 6 days. I was on hold for this book for several days. Perhaps it's a sign from ADE that I shouldn't read the book. But shouldn't that be MY decision, not ADE's?

As far as I can tell, there has been no update from ADE to resolve this issue. I'm quite reluctant to revert back to 3.0 because I still have one library book that I am able to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse me for replying to myself. The solution that finally worked for me is outlined by Maureen here:

Re: Not able to open library books on my Kobo Glo: "Oops! This document couldn't be opened"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, THANK YOU!   I just bought a Kobo and couldn't get it to work with a library book and I was getting SO frustrated.  I did everything you said in your comment and IT WORKED.  I can now read the book I borrowed on my Kobo.  Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines