• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions to kobo

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My books from the library get to digital editions but can't get them to load to my kobo. What do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

What happens when you try to transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Using a Kobo Aura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed time to know if problem was realy resolved. It seems to be. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 was the only thing that worked for me. Thanks so much for posting this solution!

Hopefully, Adobe will fix this issue soon. Highly irritating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you - I have spent two days on this problem before I came upon your fix.  Had to get rid of my new version of ADE and installed the earlier version, etc...It seems to work with downloads from the public library - wish I had come up with your post sooner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!! this worked for me perfectly.

it's very strange though because I have very recently borrowed library books and had it work properly through the newer version of ADE - so why all of a sudden it caused such issues I'll never know, but glad the problem is fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This totally worked!! I am so happy I found your answer quite soon in the search so the problem was solved within minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solution worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! I have been trying to do this for a few days. Turning the computer off after uninstalling and installing seemed to be what did it for me, i thought i had tried all of those steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, thanks so much! Mine now works!!! I would never have worked it out without your help. Thanks 🙂 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. This is so frustrating! I do hope either Kobo or Adobe can solve this problem. Ceci est très frustrant, car je ne peux plus transférer mes livres de la Grande Bibliothèque à mon Kobo Glo. J'ai essayé différentes solutions suggérées et rien ne fonctionne. Quelle perte de temps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding a note that I recently had this problem crop up with my Aura 2, and downgrading to ADE 3.0 worked. I re-downloaded books I'd already fulfilled through ADE 4.5 to ADE 3.0; copied them to my Kobo from ADE 3.0 and I'm now able to read the books on my Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that you don't have to downgrade to get kobo to work again. Maureen outlined how to fix it here:

Re: Not able to open library books on my Kobo Glo: "Oops! This document couldn't be opened"

With the following list, I am paraphrasing Maureen's excellent advice that finally released me from my anguish:

1. Delete the problem book(s) from your ereader.
  2. Open Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. Check to see if you can read the problem book(s) in ADE. Connect your e-reader.  Erase authorization on ADE (Go to the Help Menu at the top). Erase the authorization for the ereader (go to the side menu of ADE). Keep the e-reader connected to the computer.
  3. Go to your public library website and get a NEW book. Upload the new book to ADE. Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. If it doesn't, go back to "help" at the top and reauthorize ADE. Go to the side menu of ADE to re-authorize your ereader.
  4. Drag the new book into your e-reader. Select "ereader" (ie: NOT all items, or borrowed items, or...). Try opening the book in the ereader area. If it opens there, it's likely that it will open in your e-reader.
  5. Re-upload what were the problem book(s) to your e-reader. Again, select "ereader" in ADE and check that the book(s) can be read there.
  6. Disconnect your e-reader from the computer. Be able to read your book(s) at last!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

etherwork​'s post worked for me. Thanks you legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me after hours of trying to figure it out. I had done the steps explained, de-authorised both ADE and Kobo, removed and reloaded book, but hadn't tried with a NEW book from my library. That seemed to kick the brain of everything back into order. I only had this problem after I upgraded to High Sierra on my Mac desktop, so whether this had anything to do with it is anyone's guess. It took a while but my Kobo and ADE had been playing nicely together for months and making borrowing/reading books so easy. Hopefully, Adobe will fix the error. I wasn't able to download ADE 3.0 - it just kept installing an Alias and no actual program, so all I'd done was waste some data allowance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per OP above, this finally worked for me with my new Kobo Clara, using ADE 4.5.9 on my Mac. THANK YOU!!!

With the following list, I am paraphrasing Maureen's excellent advice that finally released me from my anguish:

1. Delete the problem book(s) from your ereader.
  2. Open Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. Check to see if you can read the problem book(s) in ADE. Connect your e-reader.  Erase authorization on ADE (Go to the Help Menu at the top). Erase the authorization for the ereader (go to the side menu of ADE). Keep the e-reader connected to the computer.
  3. Go to your public library website and get a NEW book. Upload the new book to ADE. Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. If it doesn't, go back to "help" at the top and reauthorize ADE. Go to the side menu of ADE to re-authorize your ereader.
  4. Drag the new book into your e-reader. Select "ereader" (ie: NOT all items, or borrowed items, or...). Try opening the book in the ereader area. If it opens there, it's likely that it will open in your e-reader.
  5. Re-upload what were the problem book(s) to your e-reader. Again, select "ereader" in ADE and check that the book(s) can be read there.
  6. Disconnect your e-reader from the computer. Be able to read your book(s) at last!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are currently investigating the issue at our end with ADE 4.5 with Kobo device and once we have any update then I will definitely share it with you. Also, I would like to share few points given below that you should verify at your end while working with ADE 4.5 and Kobo device-

• Make sure that the ereader and ADE are both signed in using the same account.
  • For Windows You may also try to de-authorize ADE by opening registry editor and navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept"
  • Right click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  • For Mac OS, click on Finder and navigate to Go > Go to Folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions
  • Drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
  • Relaunch ADE and it will prompt you to sign in with your email address again. Once ADE authorized, try to check the issue again.
  • Also try to de-authorize and reauthorize ADE on your device as well and then check the issue.
  • Try to check with sample eBooks whether you are able to read them on your device. Sample eBooks can be download from- Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

If the above mentioned steps doesn't work, try to perform the below steps and see if that helps-

• Try to download ADE 3.0 (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html)
  • De-authorize the ADE on your machine (Windows/Mac) using the instructions mentioned above.
  • Get a book from the library book
  • When prompted, open using ADE (or download- I just said open instead of download)
  • When you try to open the book in ADE, it'll ask you to authorize computer
  • Do the authorization (the same as my Kobo) then transferred the book to your Kobo and see if that helps.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had my Kobo Aura H20 since March 2017.(edition 1). I must say this whole ADE process has been a nightmare. Less than half the time the process worked. I used all the suggestions on Adobe and Kobo, OVerdrive and Library helpsites. As of today Oct 19,2017 I tried again to use older versions of ADE, 2.0 and 3.0.  I updated my Mac to latest OS and Chrome versions recommended months ago.

My Mac computer will no longer install these as Certificate shows expired authorizations Feb 2017. So this is NO LONGER A SOLUTION for me and it did not work anyways even after I updated my Mac computer.

Successful transferring to my reader still worked unpredictably. I borrowed 2 books today at 3 am and transferred to ADE 4.5.6 which is latest version. One book my ereader recognized the DRM and was successful my other my ebook showed error DRM not authorized. I SOUGHT HELP ON MobileRead forum @www.mobileread.com site and applied a recommended patch (not from KOBO) and it did not seem to work so I gave up. I realize that these fixes cannot be guaranteed but I was desparate for a solution that actually worked. Sorry I am too frustrated to post a link. Another user did post a reply just now and I have yet to respond but he has had same problem with ADE.

Now at 7 pm the same day I tried another 2 library books. The same happened. One success and one failure with identical process.

I finally contacted KObo support again. She said she could reset my DRM auth for my KObo epub purchased books but it was probably a library Overdrive, ADE issue but she had another call earilier with same problem and it seemed to work.  After I got off the phone with her just now, I was able to successfully transfer 2 borrowed books and lo and behold the 2 books that my ebook would not open at 3 am will now open although the device still shows them as black rectangles and no expiry information ???

I am not sure which solution worked, Mobile Read patch or Kobo support resetting my DRM???

Kobo is getting back to me in 24-72 hours. Hopefully I will have no problems but I must say I am not impressed with ADE functionality with my New KOBO AURA H20 first edition as it has caused me months and hours of frustration to the point that now I probably come across as unhinged and not making any sense. I can only take so much frustration before I crack up. This is not my first Kobo. My KObo ARC was essentially a tablet. This I now know as I resorted to reading all my library books on my iPad for months before I could resolve to try to use ADE process with my new Kobo ereader again. KObo is now aware of my frustration. I am sorry for itemizing all my problems here but as both ADE and Kobo are flawed when using Overdrive (now owned by same parent company Rakuten)  to download library books and transfer to my e-reader, I know not what else to do. THe whole transfer process is cumbersome and unreliable!

Hopefully my problems are resolved. I will post and update in a few days.

Regards,

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so where is the answer to this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all the same issues described in this blog, and I spent 2 days of agony to get my new Kobo Aura One e-reader to accept public library books.

Adobe Digital Editions required to download public library books and then transfer them to my Kobo. Couldn't get the Adobe account authorization to stick on the Kobo. Books downloaded appropriately to my computer and were visible in ADE. Computer was properly authorized, and I could read the books on my computer. Books appeared to transfer to the Kobe, but when disconnected from computer, the books were grayed out on the Kobe and wouldn't open with an error message saying the Kobe was not authorized to read said public library books.

I tried all the tricks suggested in this blog... reauthorizing both the computer and e-reader.... many times. Reset the Kobe to factory settings... many times. Returned books to library and downloaded again and again. Tried new books from library. Reloaded Adobe Digital Editions... version 4.5.7. Once I was able to get a single book onto the Kobe and able to read it.... not sure exactly what sequence of actions enabled it. But when I added another book... everything went blank again and the Kobe kept insisting that it was not authorized (even though on my computer, the ADE said that my Kobe WAS authorized.)

Eventually I got a new error message on the Kobe saying that it was not authorized because I had too many “devices” previously authorized. (I'm thinking that maybe every time I reset the Kobe to factory setting that the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) was incrementing and the Adobe system assumed I had multiple devices.) An Adobe blog for this problem said I needed to contact Adobe for them to reset my account. Well, that was a nightmare in itself... almost 2 hours of “chatting” with 2 different individuals who must have failed 5th grade spelling and grammar. They insisted that for proper authorization I should read Adobe on-line blogs. I insisted that I had spent hours doing just that and that the blogs told me to contact Adobe Customer Service to reset my account. Finally they did it... and I was able to authorize my Kobe.

But... there was still another problem lingering that I didn't mention previously... Remnants of previous books remained and showed up on ADE... by this time I had 12 books showing... all grayed out. (These are books that I had “returned” to my public library.) I had read another blogger who indicated that these remnants had a time stamp and that they would go away after a day or two... Yes, I agreed with that... otherwise I would have have maybe 20 “books” in the system. I finally figured out that these “remnants” were being re-entered from the Adobe “cloud-sync”. I knew this because I deleted all book remnants from “My Digital Editions” folder in my computer “Documents”. When I closed and then reopened ADE... they all came back. Deleted them once again and turned off my wi-fy. They didn't come back. I concluded I did not need Adobe's “Cloud-sync”..... Solution: ADE version 3.

Conclusion: Reset ADE account, delete all previous book references, delete all “Cloud-sync” folders, and install ADE 3.0.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overdrive in the kobo sometimes has the book we got at the local library then we can go direct with no problems. The problem is the Adobe digital aditions is hit and miss; more miss than hit; the book goes to the kobo ereader and say we are not authorized. When hooked up direct to one of our computers, but will work fine in Adobe digital additions in the computer being used, this is not good. Then it just will not go after that unless we go downtown to the library and redue the download at the library then it will sudenly work. The library is not open 24/7 and this is frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kobo update and using overdrive for liburary books going direct now, but no google books work. Transfer to digital editions and works on computer but will not transfer to kobo and work. Atributes are can not copy if that matters. Both eReaders and both computers. Google is no help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread but this still does not work as it should.  The Kodo I just bought is going back.  There is an not so obvious restocking fee of $7.  With the COVID19 stuff, had to do everyting over chat.  Really bad customer experince for something that is advertised to work but does not.    I hope you all have better luck.  The wife is going back to her Nook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post but I have just purchased a chromebook and I have ADE installed, my library book is on it but there is no way to right-click to send to my Kobo. when I connect my Kobo Clara it shows in the Kobo files but doesnt show in my Book list on my Kobo.

Can anyone help please as I am desperate to get this sorted. I have no problems doing it on my Windows laptop but this is sooo slow it can take an hour to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines