Highlighted

Digital editions will not open or start

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried everything. Uninstalled, installed again, installed another version, run as admin, changed the name in documents. Nothing works. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Digital editions will not open or start

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried everything. Uninstalled, installed again, installed another version, run as admin, changed the name in documents. Nothing works. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the below details as it might help us in narrowing down the issue-

1. Is this issue happening during the book downloading?
  2. And what is the ADE version you are using?
  3. Also, confirm the Operating System you are using?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ajit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program will not start at all. Im using windows 10. I had ADE 4.5 til it stopped working two weeks ago, changed to 4.0 that worked for a couple of days and isnt working either at the moment. Now Ive removed both and installed 4.5 that will not start or open. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try to rename “My Digital Editions” folder to “My Digital Editions_old” in Documents folder.

Then try to launch ADE and see if that makes any difference.

Regards,

Ajit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problems (& yes I renamed the "My Digital Editions" folder). What seems to have got it working for me (at least for now) is to 1. rename "My Digital Editions" folder if you haven't already done so. 2. uninstall whatever edition you're using 3.use regedit to remove activation key (there are some instructions here https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/activation-errors-adobe-digital-editions.html) 4.re-install Digital Editions (in my case I chose to go back to 4.0) 5.re-activate (I did the anonymous activation).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0