• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions will not recognize my new nook Glowlight Plus.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a new nook Glowlight Plus. Digital Editions will not recognize it. has anybody had this problem? Adobe support couldn't figure it out, either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has your device detected his reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

I ended up calling Barnes and Noble. Apparently, this is a known issue. They are trying to escalate it with Adobe.

I'm hoping this will be resolved ASAP. I'm a librarian, so having a device that will not download library books is a non-starter for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I have this problem, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call Barnes and Noble! The more people who report the problem, the more of a reason they will have to put pressure on Adobe to fix this.

I'm not sure if Adobe cares - they give us the product for free, after all. Though it is bad for PR.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a Nook Glowlight Plus and I'm having the same issue. I have fifteen days to decide whether or not to keep it. Having an e-reader that doesn't work with ADE is a definite deal breaker. I hope that they fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barnes & Noble says they are working on a software update that will fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it gets fixed soon. I was thinking about getting my husband the GL Plus for Christmas but I won't until Adobe and BN resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been pretty rough. After waiting for nearly 2 months for word that a new nook was coming out, and not hearing a thing. I almost jumped ship and got a kobo.

I finally see the new nook is released, (never got an email or anything from B&N, just happened to see it online.)

I run out and pick one up, First thing I try to do is put my screen savers on, don't seem to be able to do that. Then I find out about not working with ADE?!?

Looks like it's going back into the box, and I'm going to have to take my loyalty elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After confirming with our local public library's reference librarian that I was doing nothing wrong with the  ADE application, I also ended up calling B&N like Lizo18. After being bounced around among 4 support persons, I finally ended up talking with an "upper leveler" who admitted there was  no ADE support of the GlowLight Plus. He wasn't able to provide me  much reassurance, however, that there would be a fix to it in the foreseeable future since, to use his words, "there were no updates that he was aware of on addressing the problem." This is a little too vague for me and makes me wonder if the problem will be fixed in my lifetime. Consequently, I am now in the process of following up on the end of my discussion with him in which he said he thought there were still some non-Plus GlowLights still available. They may not be as waterproof as the new GlowLight Plus, but I got the impression from our public library's reference librarian that they are otherwise quite suitable for what I need. The current status on this is that I am awaiting a call from the B&N store I got the Plus from. They were going to see if they could have one transferred from another store since they sold out of their non-Plus inventory several months ago. It's been a hassle for sure, and if it weren't for the the local B&N store employees being so helpful, I would have said the heck with it and just returned the thing for reimbursement since I still have 3 more days before the 14 day return period is up. To me, the primary problem is headquarters B&N not being as upfront as they should be. Otherwise, I could have put the 10-15 hours I've spent on this to much better use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lizo18,

Couple of questions:

• Are you on a Mac or PC? Which OS are you running?
  • Did you happen to note if the Nook device is being recognized by your computer -- i.e. when you connect it, does it show up as a device or external drive?

I ask because while I'm having the same problem with ADE, it's a symptom of a larger problem, or at least a closely related one, namely that the Nook device is not being recognized by my Mac (OSX 10.11.1) at all. Older Nook device appears as a drive when connected, new Nook device does not. This makes "side loading" data impossible ("side loading" is what Nook folk call adding data via drag-and-drop or by third-party software, such as Calibre or ADE). I dug up a work-around for the overall issue (it was in an Apple support forum, apparently a known issue with Android 4.x. Here's the link if you or someone else cares: Why won't my macbook recognize my samsung galax... | Apple Support Communities) -- but I was unable to determine if the non-ADE problem is also manifesting on PCs.

Oh, and fwiw, I sent the fruits of my troubleshooting to a contact of mine at Nook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a PC.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and yes, the computers recognizes the nook.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC running Windows 10, and yes, the computer sees it just fine.

I got paranoid that this issue wouldn't be resolved, which would basically mean I would never be able to read library books on my e-reader. I was running out of time (15 day return policy) so I packed it up and I'm returning it tonight. I already bought a Kindle Voyage. I've been using it for about two days, and I love it.

I can't even believe that they would release the new nook without making sure that it worked flawlessly with ADE. It's kind of sad. I've had every nook they've ever made since the very beginning. I've never even considered going to another brand, until now.

Also, this is kind of unrelated, but I can't believe how sharp the edges of the Glowlight Plus are. It's like it's made out of recycled razor blades. Maybe I'm holding it in a weird way, or maybe I got a slightly defective one, but it was super uncomfortable, with or without a case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to return mine for the time being. I really love the design and the reading surface. I just need to have a device that can handle library books (I'm a librarian, after all).

If and when they fix this issue, I will rebuy one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I very likely will do the same thing, but if I do so, I might

check with the store just before Black Thursday to see what the return

period is for purchases made at the time. A member of the Adobe ADE forum

thinks because of the 2 holidays it might be the end of Jan. instead of 14

days which might be sufficient time for a fix to come about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. Any suggestions work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20151106_171358.jpg

Got this update;

Software Version 4.5.1.33

Platform Version 45.1.8_user

Now under Settings > Account & Profile there is a "Adobe DRM Settings option.

There I added my Adobe ID, but still can't get the NOOK to show up in ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone find any solution on that? i have a mac and just got the new nook and would love to transfer my pub library to the noon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In view of the time that it appeared to be taking to get the download issue

resolved with the Plus, I returned it to obtain the last regular GlowLight

the store had. It may not be waterproof like the Plus, but it reads

almost the same. Tom Gibson

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM, fanisp59406754 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  I followed the instructions here NOOK GlowLight Plus | FAQ - Barnes & Noble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sideload from the instructions worked but I got an error when I tried to open the library book, I used both an epub file, open epub, and open pdf. Has anyone else had this problem. My adobe id is authorized and I rebooted the nook glowlight plus afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue now.  I was able to download one library book using the instructions on Barnes & Noble.  But all the other library books I sideload state "This book has been returned" and I am not able to view the book.  I have tried everything I can thing of to fix this.  Does anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines