• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions will not recognize my new nook Glowlight Plus.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a new nook Glowlight Plus. Digital Editions will not recognize it. has anybody had this problem? Adobe support couldn't figure it out, either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spoken to BN support twice already about this issue and each time they tell me to erase and deregister device under device info. When I do that I am able to sideload the book again and it opens fine. They claim they are working on an update to address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information.  I am able upload books from the library now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to download a book from ADE? I still can not get my computer to recognize the device and ADE still does not recognize it even after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to deregister my Glow Light Plus then register it in order to download a book from ADE and it seems that that is what you have to do each time you get new books from the library.  This can be quite a hassle if you have other documents or books you bought on the device.  Like Rosa70065874 I spoke to BN support and they claim that  they are working on a update but was vague regarding the date of the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done everything suggested in this thread and still can't get my Macbook Air OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 to recognize my new GlowLight Plus device.

I've downloaded the Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 app

I've updated my GlowLight Plus to the latest software version 4.5.1.43

I've deregistered and erased my GlowLight Plus device and reregistered it

It still is not recognized on my computer.

Next step:  Return Nook to Barnes & Noble

I am a long-time Nook user who reads a variety of books -- some purchased from the B&N website out of loyalty for a (formerly) great product and some borrowed from this library. This is really disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - B&N in their infinite wisdom changed the interface with the plus.  Here's what you have to do.  Confect your nook to your computer, and then double click on the NOOK icon to open it , and then double click again till you get to the MY Files folder. Next, open your ADE Library, right click on the book you want to transfer, select Show In Explorer, and when list pops up with the book highlighted, drag and drop it into the NOOK "Files" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - B&N in their infinite wisdom changed the interface with the plus.  Here's what you have to do.  Confect your nook to your computer, and then double click on the NOOK icon to open it , and then double click again till you get to the MY Files folder. Next, open your ADE Library, right click on the book you want to transfer, select Show In Explorer, and when list pops up with the book highlighted, drag and drop it into the NOOK "Files" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new software update 45.1.24 _/user4.5.155 -I am now able to download books from the public library without registering and registering. Using windows 10 internet explorer 11. I am very pleased that this issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, that is by design. To get e-books on your NOOK Glowlight Plus, you need to first download the e-book to your ADE library via Overdrive., Then plug your NOOK into your computer, double click the NOOK icon when it appears on your screen, then continue to double click on the following files till you get to “Files” folder . Then open your ADE, go to your library, right click on the e-book you want to transfer to your NOOK, select Show File in Explorer, and when the Explorer file opens, drag and drop the book icon into your NOOK “File” folder.

Also, make sure you have the latest software on your NOOK before you try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you still?  I upgraded my Nook as well and was able to download books without de-registering but about a week later, tried it again and got the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a book did not disconnect from the computer refreshed

the page on the nook, opened the book. Once I saw it on my nook I then

disconnected from the computer and the book was there

hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOOK GlowLight Plus | FAQ - Barnes & Noble. here is the work around to get your books into your glow light

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having problems with Overdrive, but the problem seems to be that my Overdrive account and my Adobe id don't have the same urn:uuid. Does anyone know how to fix that? I can get the ePub onto my GLP, but I can't read them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you got this sorted I am based in UK and Barnes and Noble are no longer supplying ebooks. Recommended we use Sainsbury site but Adobe Digital will not recognize my Nook so do I have to buy a Kindle???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am so pissied off that its been 2 years and they haven't fixed this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having difficulty with my Nook Glowlight Plus opening the library ebook once it was transferred from ADE to My Files (error "this book is not activated for current ADE user"). I found a video on youtube posted 5/29/2016 by MyFireVideos  (search term: Nook Glowlight Plus library book). I deauthorized ADE and deleted ADE. I downloaded ADE through Google Chrome and reauthorized my PC. Then I followed the video instructions using Google Chrome. Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try downloading the book, then, connect your nook to your PC and open the PC. Locate your nook.   Go to your documents, find the book, copy it.  Then go to the nook located on your PC and paste.  This is how I have been reading books from the library.  It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines