Highlighted

Digital Editions works, but one ebook won't open

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a copy of the 2017 BOMA standards ebook, but when I download it, the Digital Editions downloading content window never closes.  The green progress bar goes from 0 to 100%, but the Windows10 "spinning wheel" icon stays on the screen until I force Digital Editions to close by clicking on the X in the title bar.

The file size is correct according to BOMA and the icon shows up in All Bookshelves window but is not present in the Purchased Bookshelf.  I should note that a previous version of the BOMA standard shows up in the Purchased Bookshelf and that ebook opens with no problems.  BOMA has sent me a second link to download the ebook but the results are still the same, so they are suggesting it is a problem with Digital Editions.

Any insights on what I might try in order to get the book to install and open properly would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Digital Editions works, but one ebook won't open

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a copy of the 2017 BOMA standards ebook, but when I download it, the Digital Editions downloading content window never closes.  The green progress bar goes from 0 to 100%, but the Windows10 "spinning wheel" icon stays on the screen until I force Digital Editions to close by clicking on the X in the title bar.

The file size is correct according to BOMA and the icon shows up in All Bookshelves window but is not present in the Purchased Bookshelf.  I should note that a previous version of the BOMA standard shows up in the Purchased Bookshelf and that ebook opens with no problems.  BOMA has sent me a second link to download the ebook but the results are still the same, so they are suggesting it is a problem with Digital Editions.

Any insights on what I might try in order to get the book to install and open properly would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2018 0

Have something to add?