Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know what "value of attribute "src" is invalid; must be a URI"

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My epub file created in InDesign is being rejected by my distributer with this message: [ERROR]OEBPS/9780997113129_ALCGG_Jan_2016_ePub_v3-7.xhtml: 26,80: value of attribute "src" is invalid; must be a URI

I don't know what this means or how to go about fixing it. I am not technical so if someone is so kind to reply, I would appreciate it if you could pretend you were talking to a young child...speaking a foreign language.

Warmly,

Dawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawn,

Think of an ePub as a zip file. You can actually rename the file as <Yourepubname>.zip. Unarchive it with 7zip or winzip and view the contents inside of it. The error that you have shows that there is a problem in the file '9780997113129LCGG_Jan_2016_ePub_v3-7.xhtml' in the folder 'OEBPS.' You can use a program called Notepad++ to view the .xhtml file. The 26,80 is the row and column number with the error. My guess is that something is wrong with the value or syntax of 'src' and your distributor is kicking it back to you because they are getting errors.

Hopefully this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old post I know but just had the same issue, and the linked file had square brackets in the file name, which caused the error "value of attribute "src" is invalid; must be a URI" .  So if you stumble across this like I did, look out for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful. I changed the file name of the images and exported the INDD to ePub. Expected no errors. Unfortunately, my ePub still did not validate. Same error message appeared (ePub Checker, latest version). Problem with Id generated styles for image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information: InDesign CC2021 (16,4), iMac Catalina 10.15.7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sometime spaces in illustration names cause this also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines