• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloaded books won't open, only ADE sample books will open

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded ADE 4.5.5. I can read the sample books from ADE without any problems. But...

I have twice now had e-pubs sent to me. I added them to my library and the book covers show up along with all the other useful information. Nothing happens, though, when I click on the books. Instead, I get the message "ADE not responding" and the little circle just cycles round and round non-stop. The books never open. If I click on ADE, a window pops up and asks me if I want to quit the application. I'm using Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the following steps:

1) Run as Admin (right click and choose this option).

2) Rename the My Digital Edition Folder under your My Documents Folder and try again to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm not sure where you mean I can run as Admin (right click where? In ADE?)

I renamed the folder. Nothing happened.

I uninstalled ADE and tried to install it again. Now it won't install -- I get an error message instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got ADE to install again, but the epub file still won't open. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the icon of digital edition and choose then run as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That didn't work either. Not sure what else can be done. Since I have a book that needs reviewing before publishing, I've had the people who created the e-book send me the Kindle version and have reviewed the book in the Kindle app for PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines