• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded the software and can only see an empty library

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have all my textbooks on adobe digital reader on my ipad and I decided to download the app on my macbook so I can access these textbooks on my mac as well. When I dowloaded 'Adobe Digital Editions 4.5' and it just brought me right into an empty library, no option to login. There is also no "settings" options or "help" options all I can do is add, delete, or rename a bookshelf. I would just like to know how I can login from a macbook as my ipad is not too reliable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exactly same problem. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too... where do we get assistance for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I figured it out... yay!!! so if you go to the library pop up tab (what you are decribing above) and then look under the Help tab at the very top of your macbook there will be a little link called "authorize this computor" if you click that and then log in with your ID, etc. then it will say that your computor is authorised. Now... I was thinking "okay where are the books?" close the program (Adobe digital editions) and then reopen the program and they should all be there. I really hope this helps- I was so frustrated when the helpline live chat people didn't help at all! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and put in my info and it came up "you can only authorize this computer with an adobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again." What?? I thought we could access it on multiple devices? Pretty sure I read multiple times on the adobe website things can be accessed between different devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes absolutely no sense but I thought I'd try to deauthorize the empty library account and then it allowed me to authorize my laptop with the same account authorized to my ipad... even though it literally just told me I can only authorize a computer with an adobe ID that hasn't been previously used.  The main thing is that if my ipad dies or I dont have access to it, I have other ways to acccess it.

As for your comment on the helpline or live chat, I explained what was happening and she said she can't help because shes in the billing department and sent the link to this discussion forum rather than something like technical support ot another department for help LOL 

Thanks for your reply! Would not have figured this out otherwise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I am able to authorize my computer but my books aren't there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not find the "Help" tab you described. I only saw the "Library", "Favorites", "Recently Added" and "Setting" tabs. Under the Setting tab, it only shows "AUTHORIZE" for an Account, which I have already done. I have used it on my Android tablet and cellphone. Do you know where the help tab for these devices is? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines