Duplicate ebook in the adobe digital library in the cloud

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Her is my scenario,

i use the adobe digital edition for windows 4.5.2

i have opened the acsm url link to download the ebook but before download  finish the ade app crash,

after that i have downloaded another acsm file to re-download my interrupted download

the download is complete, and ebook open fine,

i discover the issue when using ADE iOS APP,

when i authorize my device my cloud library contain two file with same title

How i do to remove the duplicate file

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I hope you are using ADE on iOS 10. Please see the below steps that you may try to remove the duplicate file-

• Try to press and hold the eBook (that you would like to delete) for a couple of seconds, then on release you will get the delete icon and you may click on it in order to delete the eBook.
  • If you are in different view, then you may also try to swipe the eBook to the left and you will see the delete icon.

Let me know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The given solution doesn't resolve the whole issue,

it only remove the ebook from the ADE iOS APP, not from the ADE Cloud server

i still have two eBook with same title when i uninstall and install the app from my iPhone,

Sorry but i need to have only one eBook in the ADE Server, hope that my problem will be resolved

screenshot from my app

IMG_0165.PNG

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I would like to inform you that there is no such requirement to uninstall and re-install ADE on iPhone after deleting the eBook.

Also, I would like to mention that ADE provides the ability to sync your files across all your devices , As you are using ADE on Windows and iOS and if you delete the eBook from ADE on iOS then it should get automatically delete from Windows machine also if both have been authorized using the same email address as syncing works periodically.

Can you please confirm if the above process worked the same way at your end?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry, i try a new installation of ADE APP, I CONFIRM THAT ADE for iOS APP is the only app that i used,( no windows edition i have erased all other DRM APP)

i open the app, when i tap refresh all eBooks are reloaded no change still have my eBook double copy

so my advise is that this eBook are registered twice in the DRM ADOBE Server, this can be solved only by deleting the duplicate copy

from ADOBE SERVER

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Currently I am testing this issue of removing the duplicate eBooks from Adobe Digital Edition library on iOS. Please allow me sometime and once I have any update then I will definitely share it with you.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ok, Just to remember you:  try to remove the duplicate files in ios app, then uninstall and install the app (make new installation)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks that seems to have worked.

The only part still not working now is the highlights and book marks I've made are not syncing.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Joe & Helen - Directors

yourstory@yellowdoor.design

www.yellowdoor.design

25 Fouberts Place

Carnaby Street

London

W1F 7QF

020 7434 3532

Haddon Few Montuschi Architects Limited Registered in England No 2827431.

D I S C L A I M E R : The information contained in this communication is confidential and

may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use of the recipient named in the email

header and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby

notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents

of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I would like to inform you that the Highlights and Bookmarks would not get copied or synced to other device. You may refer the 'Getting started with Adobe Digital Edition' eBook under 'Transfer eBooks between Computers' section regarding the same.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

the answer above is not mine, its yellow door member,

juste to confirm I still get the same problem when I make a new installation and when I tape refresh I get back my duplicate ebooks

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I would request you to please give us sometime as we are currently investigating this issue at our end. Once I have any update then I will definitely share it with you.

In the meanwhile can you please try to delete the duplicate eBooks within ADE library after sometime like two to three hours and check if that works as I have tried the same at my end and I was able to delete it.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same Problem, When i reinstall the app, authorize my adobe account then when i tape refresh, i get this screenshot

IMG_0219.PNG

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Once you delete the duplicate eBooks from the iOS app, do they come back again in case you do NOT un-install and re-install the app?

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr Sharad,

1) they come back only if i make a new install the app, otherwise they still even i log out,

the only way if i delete completely the app

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried this and was unable to reproduce the issue using a couple of iOS devices. It could be due to some delay in sync that there are not getting updated (i.e. the deleted duplicate copy is coming back when you re-install). I will try and test with some other test accounts in the meanwhile.

Please delete the duplicate copies and continue to use the app as per your regular usage flow (without re-installing or logging out) and let me know in case you see them coming back again anytime over the next few days while you use the app.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

just to confirm

1) if i delete the duplicate then  re-logging, the duplicate still deleted all is OK;

2) if i delete the duplicate then  re-installing, the duplicate come back Problem; (please try this scenario the 2nd )

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that.

Thanks for adding the details.

Thanks,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody ever found a solution for this? each time i have clicked on the purchase link of a EPUB, i have created a copy in my ADE library. Can those duplicates be deleted? i have the exact same issue in whatever device i authorize (win7 laptop, iphone se, ipad mini 2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Can any one help me how to delete the duplicate ebook in my library adobe digital edition,

when i sync with internet, i always get ebook twice, i think because the file existe twice in the cloud server ?

duplicate-ebook.PNG

Hope to get an answer from support engineer ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too but more than one duplicate and my highlights and book marks are not synchronised either.

hope you can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yellowdoor2669,

Just i went to confirm, if you have opened several times .acsm for the duplicated eBook

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sunsimo,

I have opened the book on my iMac, iPad and iPhone. On each of these devices I have opened the book several times.

However, I did have trouble getting the .acsm file to work when I first made my purchase. I made multiple clicks on the link given to me in the confirmation email. Possible duplicate reason?

Kind regards,

Joe & Helen - Directors

yourstory@yellowdoor.design <mailto:yourstory@yellowdoor.design>

www.yellowdoor.design <http://www.yellowdoor.design/>

25 Fouberts Place

Carnaby Street

London

W1F 7QF

020 7434 3532

D I S C L A I M E R : The information contained in this communication is confidential and

may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use of the recipient named in the email

header and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby

notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes the problem is that every times you click or open the .acsm file you request the file to be copied into your library (Adobe ID Profile),

i think it's a bug of adobe ade server who which know if the file does already exist in your library !!!

Hope that the Adobe Server get patched

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks yes let hope so.

Whats odd is there is only one copy on my iMac. The duplicates occur only on my iPad and iPhone

Kind regards,

Joe & Helen - Directors

[personal info removed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

By the way the iPad and Iphone app have the capability to Sync files with Adobe Server !!!

just a simple question if you make a new installation ADE APP on iMac, if the eBook are downloaded automatically or you add it manually ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines