• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY (macOS Mojave version 10.14)

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to open an ebook but Adobe Digital Editions won't authorize my computer.

I keep getting an activation error message.

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 6.19.51 PM.png

I also deleted the activation file (.dat) because that's the advice from adobe forums.

Still, it did not work.

I also tried to follow this: Error "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY" | Digital Editions | Mac OS X

But as you can see, it didn't work:

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 6.29.27 PM.png

I still could not get authorization because I already have "allow all applications to access this item" (in my key chain) already selected, so I really can't do anything else. I don't know who else to ask. Seems like I can no longer use Adobe Digital Editions.

This forum is my only hope because both twitter customer service and customer service on this website can't help me.

I even deleted it and downloaded both the old and new versions.

Needless to say, I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions at least 5x.

I hope anyone out there can help me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem.  I'm also using ADE on Mac OS 10.14.

I tried using the fix provided here: Error "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY" | Digital Editions | Mac OS X

I had two different entries for Digital Editions listed under the default "login" keychain.  Both of them were set correctly to "Allow All Applications To Access This Item"

I ended up deleting both entries (hoping to fix the problem).  That didn't work.

I deleted ADE 4.5 and reinstalled ADE 3.0.  That also didn't help.

Finally, I created (in the Keychain access app) a new (empty) keychain and made that the default.  With the new keychain active, I tried again to authorize my computer in ADE and this time it worked!  The new keychain now has an entry for Digital Editions.

I don't know what exactly the problem is, or why this worked, but I thought I would pass along the info for those who have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same frustrating problem. Adobe customer service was not helpful. I finally switched to a different desktop (not a Mac) and used a different browser (Chrome, not Safari).

It worked. If you can’t use a different computer, try a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines