• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12 error

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Mac with High Sierra. Using ADE 4.5.8.182914. When I try to load an ebook, I get the error message "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12", which is a deauthorization error message. I have researched and know that I have to go to Users/[[Your user account]]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. The problem is that there is no Digital Editions in Users/[[Your user account]]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. I've also done a search on my computer for an activation.dat file, but there is none. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADE. I've tried uninstalling and installing an older version (3.0) with the same results. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my post? Apparently not.  Try again. There is no Digital Editions in my Library/Application Support/Adobe/.

A search of activation.dat turned up nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You in the right library folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  just spent a whole day trying to get back my ability to download books from KOBO. Problems started after upgrading my Mac to Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you manage to fix the problem? I am having the same problem now, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines