Highlighted

E_AUTH_NOT_READY and e_auth_bad_device_key error on mac

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to download an e-book from an online library to my kobo e-reader using Digital Editions.

This worked fine a few weeks ago when I last used it. However, today I get the 'e_auth_not_ready' message when downloading the e-book.

I followed the steps on the troubeshooting site and deauthorized the computer and e-reader and removed the dat file, but now I get the e_auth_bad_device_key error message when trying to authorize them again. I followed the steps for that error message and checked the settings in keychain, which are fine. Still the error messages occur and I cannot download the e-book. My ID and password are correct as I can login on the adobe site with them, so that's not the issue.

Chatting with an Adobe agent did not help as they only referred to the steps described which I already tried. They refered me to this forum.

Can someone help me out?
Thanks!
Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

E_AUTH_NOT_READY and e_auth_bad_device_key error on mac

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to download an e-book from an online library to my kobo e-reader using Digital Editions.

This worked fine a few weeks ago when I last used it. However, today I get the 'e_auth_not_ready' message when downloading the e-book.

I followed the steps on the troubeshooting site and deauthorized the computer and e-reader and removed the dat file, but now I get the e_auth_bad_device_key error message when trying to authorize them again. I followed the steps for that error message and checked the settings in keychain, which are fine. Still the error messages occur and I cannot download the e-book. My ID and password are correct as I can login on the adobe site with them, so that's not the issue.

Chatting with an Adobe agent did not help as they only referred to the steps described which I already tried. They refered me to this forum.

Can someone help me out?
Thanks!
Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2018 0

Have something to add?