Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try openning the new file that I purchased on Google Play, Adobe Digital Editions creates the following Server Communication message and does not open the file: "Unable to download. Error getting License Server Communication Problem: E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

This works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a bit confused and would like some clarification from you before I act

upon your proposed solution.

Your suggested solution relates to "E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS" or ADE

Error 2004.

However, I have never experienced the above error message. In my case ADE

opens without a problem and without any errors.

My problem relates to Server Communication error "

E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED" when ADE is trying to open a newly purchased

from Google Play store ebook, which, in my view, might be related to how

many of my devices are currently connected to ADE rather than to the

maximum number of activations.

Currently I have the following 3 devices directly or indirectly connected

to ADE:

1. PC with Windows XP, SP 3 installed;

2. Laptop with Windows 8.1 installed;

3. NOOK HD+;

So may be ADE, for whatever reason, sees that there are many more of my

devices are connected to it. If this is the case, I would expect the

solution to the above problem would come from ADE support team outside of

my home environment by adjusting or resetting the number of my devices

connected to ADE.

Please advise how to proceed.

Thanks,

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Dominic Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution doesnt work

The support team cant  solve and the ask you to come here at this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Takes to a bunch of irrelevant information.  Nice work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Solve the problem!!

You have to ask Google to reset this count in order to download again your book.

1- Visit this link

https://support.google.com/store/#topic=3237699

2- Click in CONTACT US (upper right corner)

3- Explain the problem

In 24hours google respond the question!!

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is the correct one.

Problem solved by online support in 30 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does adobe keep on redirecting users with the same question here when this person's solution has not even been solved in the first place?

This helps nobody. Does adobe even have any record of solving this problem ever? I bought a personal study aide book from the google play store, thinking that I would save time and money by getting the digital version, but boy was I wrong. The customer service chat barely helped and the one other person who stated that they found a solution said that it took two months to solve. I do not have two months to waste on this error. I wish that there was another way to read drmed books that was not digital editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore my previous comment. It seems I misread what Luis said. I solved my problem exactly as he did, calling the google help desk and explaining my problem. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello I have the same problem and I'm going crazy, you can help me by explaining how did you solve it? Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, may i know how to solve it? i really appreciate your help. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem now.  I downloaded Digital Editions 4.5.10.186048 onto my Win 8.1 Computer.  I brought a book from Google play, and downloaded the .ascm file for it. (after picking the option download PDF - I didn't get any option to download to EPUB).  I went into DE File>Add to Library, and it went into my Downloads folder looking for an ebook link (which wasn't there).  So I chose Adobe Content Server Message, so I could at least see the file I downloaded.  Once I chose this, I get the Unable to Download Message: Error Getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED.  So I get onto their support people, and after 3 days of trying, I finally get onto someone who got me to re-authorise DE, to re-download the file and try again, and finally he checked that the download limit had been reached (he said it hadn't).  Then I get directed here without the problem being solved.  Now I'm at a loss at what to do.  Hope someone can help, this has been so frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I tried contacting Google and they were absolutely NO HELP! I very clearly stated that I needed my device count reset FOR ALL BOOKS purchased through them, and I was told to go to either HP (which is my laptopp) or Adobe for help. Utterly ridiculous!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution!! Use this form to reset your books: https://support.google.com/books/partner/contact/default. You'll need the ISBN or Google Books ID #, but they will reset your books within a day or two. At least they did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola! Tenia el mismo error, me contacte con el soporte de Google, y se soluciono borrando el cache y datos de GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Espero sirva! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, borrar el cache y datos de Google Play Store es algo que uno puede hacer uno mismo o lo tiene que hacer el soporte de Google?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines