Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_LIC_LICENCE_SIGN_ERROR when opening an acsm file

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to download an epub I bought today with Adobe Digital Editions. When I open the ascm file, I receive an E_LIC_LICENCE_SIGN_ERROR response from the server when the application tries to initiate the fullfill.

ade_error.PNG

Here is the error message I receive when the Fullfill is initiated :

fiddler_ade_fullfill.PNG

This happens only with this specific acsm file, on different computers. I tried on different computer, deauthorizing and authorizing my account on them, same result. I also tried to force remove the registry keys, following this post (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2180838) in order to deauthorize my account, didn't change anything.

Does anyone have an idea how I can manage to download this epub ?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same error issue, tried all the above (including two versions of ADE) after chatting with two Kobo support people. I went back in to Kobo and purchased another cheap book to test it and it worked. So the book I previously purchased 24th August maybe has a corrupted ACSM file? I like to keep the actual epub file on my PC and then transfer to my Kobo e reader. To get my book, I had to sync the e reader to access it, but I'd  rather have the file which isn't on the reader now. Shouldn't be this hard, never had any probs before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Same error in France (books buyed today on Fnac.com with correct direct download of ascm ). software : ADE 4.5.8 .183423

it occurs on seven files ( 7) ordered together one or two hours ago.

download seems to work properly on one old  file (one file)  buyed some weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly the same for me. Tried all the troubleshooting fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines