E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this is not a new issue but it's not happened to me before.

I have bought a number of books on the Kobo store but on this occasion I cannot open the .acsm file and get the Digital Editions error

"Unable to download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR"

I've recently bought a new laptop (Mac) and so I tried it on the old with no success.

I've deactivated, deleted activation.dat and re-activated as well as un-installing DE and upgrading to 4.5.8.182914

I'd welcome any thoughts on where to now......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me today as well (ebooks also from Kobo). Likewise I did the deactivate, delete file and reauthorise but it's not fixing the issue. I'm also using a Mac.

Would really appreciate if someone can advise what's going on here as keen to get reading!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem, bought books on the Kobo website, but get error message:

Fout bij opvragen van licentie

Communicatieprobleem met licentieserver: E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR

when trying to download them. I'm using a windows computer, the same one I've been using the past years, so I dont think it has anything to do with using a Mac.

Maybe a problem with an Adobe server?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm also suffering from the same problem. no any reason or solution ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
kiwi-bob AUTHOR
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

I've (at the suggestion of Kobo) tried ADE 3 on windows 10 (same problem) and also authorised with a new Adobe ID (also same problem)

Kobo were convinced that the problem is ADE: "This is completely an ADE issue activating the devices"

Sadly Adobe don't appear to actually have a support contact that I can find.     

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kobo says they've just started seeing it today, and there are threads here already from Italy and Portugal, at least, so I think the claim that it's Adobe's problem is likely true.... Adobe barely seems to want to admit they have a product called Digital Editions, though - and definitely doesn't want to give out support on it....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same issue with this ADE error, not sure what to do. I've tried everything you have detailed above and still having the same issue.

Adobe, your support would be much appreciated here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poland here. Also having this issue for the last couple of days. Come on Adobe, pull yer finger out!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday I have about the same problem using Digital Editions on a PC. My online bookstore says they can't reach Adobe until Monday. An online chat with Prashant from Adobe support referred me to this "offline message queue". I guess we will have to wait till Adobe's server administrator shows up on Monday.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same error issue, tried all the above after chatting with two Kobo support people. I went back in to Kobo and purchased another cheap book to test it and it worked. So the book I previously purchased 24th August maybe has a corrupted ACSM file? I like to keep the actual epub file on my PC and then transfer to my Kobo e reader. To get my book, I had to sync the e reader to access it,  but I'd  rather have the file which isn't on the reader now. Shouldn't be this hard, never had any probs before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error with me. I am using a Nook Simpletouch E-reader with Glowlight and using ADE 3.0 as Kobo told me to use. I've been trying to download their ASME? file from Kobo. We went through 1 hour of technical help but in the end they also blamed it on ADE. I've tried numerous fixes as suggested in other threads of this same problem with no luck - including completely uninstalling and re-installing the program. I'm incredibly frustrated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here, not solved after uninstalling, deauthorizing, etc.

Can someone give an explanation from Adobe please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm also having the same problem. spent an awful 2 hours talking to kobo on the live chat. Deactivated and uninstalled ADE 4.5 and then installed and activated ADE 3.0, still to no success! I find this incredibly frustrating, I'm jumping through all the technical hoops to try and access books I've bought! It does seem to be an issue at Adobe's end, please can someone from adobe respond and just give us some help!?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines