• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

epub books will not remove from my library

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I remove an epub book from the Digital Editions library on my laptop? (and make them stay removed)

"Remove from Library" only removes the item from the current list until I close ADE. The books re-appear when I open ADE.

I can't open the books in ADE (some type of glitch), and I can't make them go away.

It makes no difference whether I have "Library Sync" option marked or not marked.

I can't find another option in the ADE menu to remove them. I have not been able to find them online to try removing them from the cloud directly.

I can't return them to the library outside of the ADE software, but I can't open them in ADE to return them  

fyi, The time stamps on the books in ADE match the time on my laptop.

Any ideas ... ?  Thank you.

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Its a problem with the newest version. Uninstall and install Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions the 3.0 Version and remove the files. The Files should not appear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a problem with the newest version. Uninstall and install Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions the 3.0 Version and remove the files. The Files should not appear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. That worked to remove the old books from my library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just garbage. Anyway to delete this in 4.5? My PC doesn't have .NET framework anymore and 3.0 depends on it. Who do I talk to file a bug? Seems like this is a no brainer fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this point you can write a staff person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked - I went onto another computer and downloaded 3.0 and it worked - Gracias! 

Sure hope ADE fixes 4.5 though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. Well took almost an entire day but hoping this helps somebody.

I have Adobe Digital Editions 4.5. After spelunking through 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Digital Editions' noticed these weird files under CloudSync. Even if you delete, they just come right back. So I opened one of them suckers up and realized they come with an expiration date.

Remove books from the Library, then delete the actual files under the CloudSync folders. If you close ADE 4.5 down, give it about a day, the next time you open it, the books will be gone!

Kinda a painful roundabout experience, but hey, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you -  Will see how it goes next time I signed in - sure hope they fix the bug in 4.5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem...frustrating.

There is another fail-safe way to fix the issue on Adobe Digital Editions 4.5. Create a new Adobe ID, deauthorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions (use the help menu -> Erase Authorization). They reauthorize the ADE 4.5 install using the new Adobe ID. When you do this, Cloudsync will start with a clean slate and will stop redownloading all the corrupt files to your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution has the problem that you can not read the eBooks longer which you have buy with the first adobe id. Its only help if work only with Library eBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky,

You are right. I only use ADE for library books so this is not an issue for me; however, if you purchase books this is a problem.

Here's something else I noticed. If you delete the books, quickly exit ADE, and then restart the program, then Cloudsync puts the "deleted" books back into the application. I think that this is a function of the sync interval (i.e. Cloudsync does not sync up the online and offline application automatically when exiting). However, if you leave the application open for some period of time after deleting the books from ADE (before shutting it down), then Cloudsync will properly sync up the online database and the next time you open ADE the books you deleted will no longer be present.

I left ADE open for about 20 minutes after deleting the corrupt book files, and the sync functionality seemed to work fine after closing and reopening ADE.

Hope that helps everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix:  I've had similar problems the past few days (more than 2 years after the original post above). Below is what I did to fix it (it might be overly complicated, I'm not sure which of the following are the key steps).  Go to "Adobe Digital Editions" -> Preferences, and turn off "Automatically download your synced books to this device".  Then I was able to delete two books form the ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) Library window.  However there were two new unlabelled books added (I don't remember exactly what they were called).  These corresponded to two *.acsm files had been added to ~/Documents/Digital Editions/CloudSync.  Back in the ADE Library window, I clicked on these unlabelled new books, and this caused ADE to download the books I thought I had deleted again, and the two *.acsm files disappeared.  I then deleted these two books again.   I then deleted the corresponding epub files from ~/Documents/Digital Editions.  I then went to "Adobe Digital Editions" -> Preferences, and turned back on "Automatically download your synced books to this device".  The two books stayed deleted. 

(I'm running ADE 4.5.7.179634 on a Mac.  The above instructions might need to be adjusted some for a Windows computer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on iphone .
Turning off automatically download synced books to this device allowed me to delete the sync icon for 1 book.
The second sync icon is still there. I restarted the phone with the sync  off, but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I´ve been reading all your posts and I have still same issue. I have deleted the ADE app, installed again. Deleted all books and left the program open for a while to get a right sync. I have logged out/logged in from Adobe ID and each time all books (deleted) came back again with Cloud icon on book front page.To be honest, I don't know what else should I do. I have 4 times same book and I am not able to erase them completely. Needless to say I have also deleted them from ~/Documents/Digital Editions...

Can anyone help here?

Thank you for your replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will work for everyone but I have suddenly had the same problem recently.  Deleted library book disappeared from Documents/ade but still showed in ADE app and in cloudsync and kept coming back however many times I deleted it.  Then I downloaded a new book from my library.  An entry for this appeared immediately in the cloudsync folder in documents/ade folder alongside the expired one.  This time when I deleted both of them together from the cloudsync folder they stayed deleted and when I went into the ADE app the expired book showed missing. So I deleted it and since then it has remained deleted completely.

So I think the answer may be that when you download a library book you should check the cloudsync folder  immediately  and delete anything from there. Don't wait for the book to expire.  It will still be there in the documents/ADE  folder and the ADE app library for reading.  Then on expiry hopefully you can delete it permanently as in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 now!  The problem still exists...  Adobe when will this be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane that they cannot manage to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the book in ADE and removed it from the Documents / Digital Editions folder. Then I deleted the preference file (com.adobe.DigitalEditions.plist) from Library / Preferences. For me (on iMac w/ macOS Mojave), that did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish that was the answer but the books don't load when I install 3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That ADE software is TOP 3 WINNER OF BIGGEST BAD SOFTWAURE of the century.  I do have that problem since couple of month.  The software is bad, the help is bad, the solution is bad.  The look of the tools (look like 2000's) is bad.  

Reading is a relax thing, that stupid issue is not relaxing !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe people, please fix this. It is 2022 now, and the same problem continues. Tried multiple fixes. Nothing works. What would work is that you give us customers rights to the online version of our library, so we can clean it ourselves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and tried the solutions here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines