Erase Authorization not working, no activation.dat file to drag to trash

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to deauthorize my Mac.  Message is "Unable to Erase Authorization. Try after some time." But still not working after some time.  When I  navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/, there is no folder with the title "Digital Editions", and no file named "activation.dat" so I am unable to drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

I last used Adobe Digital Editions on a laptop that was stolen. Everything (?) on the laptop had been backed up onto a harddrive which was used to copy everything to an iMac.  Is the new computer a problem for erasing authorization or the missing Digital Editions folder? Adobe Chat/Phone does not support Digital Editions.

I am trying to deauthorize on the advice of support staff at enki (accessed through a public library). When I try to download any book, I get the error message, "Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY. "

Please advise.

TOPICS
Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?