Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erasing Authorization ADE without a password

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I will try to keep this as clear as possible. Here's the circumstances:

I have a Kobo, and I use Adobe Digital Editions to put ebooks I've borrowed from the library on it. I've done this for years. Then my Kobo died, and I just used the overdrive app on my phone for library books.

Last year moved, switched internet providers, and lost my old email. Luckily, I had a shiny new gmail account that I changed almost everything to, and everything has been great. I changed my Adobe ID to my new email.

I got a new Kobo a couple months ago, and the first couple library books I put on it were fine.

Then, I transferred a batch of library books from computer to Kobo, and I got a message on the Kobo saying that 'My reader is not authorized to open this book... re-authorize your e-Reader with your Adobe ID using Adobe Digital Editions'. Fine. Stuff like that happens.

So I went into ADE and find that the account it is authorized to is my OLD email. And because that is no longer a valid Adobe login, I can't log in. (although, it only tells me my password is wrong, not the login, but I've got the password right.)

Fine, I thought I'd just de-authorize the computer, and re-authorize with my current Adobe ID. But you need a valid login/password for that!

I tried deleting everything I could find of ADE from my computer, and reinstalling it, but somehow it still remembers the wrong email.

I can read the books fine on my desktop, the problem is I need to re-auth my Kobo, and I can't do that because ADE thinks an email that is long gone still exists.

I've tried everything I can think of! Help me please, I mostly read library books, not Kobo store books!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

I changed my account (switched from a hotmail to a gmail) and now my ADE isn't recognizing my new ID. So, it's not allowing me to de-authorize my computer so that I can access my library through my school's account. This is really important as my courses have already begun and I need access.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

I decided to work on this problem again tonight, and I found an answer!

I don't know why I didn't find this post before, but I did what the person said (uninstalling ADE, installing 3.0) and it worked!!

Now I just have to get the computer to recognize my Kobo.

Erase Authorization without password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines