• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eReader says it is not authorized to open book

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded epub library books to Adobe Digital Editions bookshelf and copied them to my device's library but when I try to open them on my device, the message is "Your eREeader is not authorized to open this book" saying because my device has previously been deauthorized i need to reimport the book. I have both reimported and reauthorized (and this is a brand new KOBO eReader) my device. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in same situation.  Just purchased a Kobo Aura eReader to read public library books.  They download fine using Overdrive and I can read them on my PC and even download to the Kobo, but get same meaningless error message as mentioned by naomi.

Just spoke with a Kobo help person who suggested ensuring use of the latest version of ADE 4.5.7.182628 but this is what I already have.  The answer then was that it is an Adobe problem and we will have to wait for a new update on ADE!!!  I asked as to trying older versions of ADE but said they had same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... spending hours uninstallilng, de-authorizing, re-doing it all over again. Kobo help desk first tells me I should use Version 3.0... but this doesn't make sense to me... now I see someone here was told to only use the newest version. I just learned last night that the Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2 should be updated in a month or so with Overdrive, so books can be downloaded directly from libraries like the Aura One, but after getting the run around for so long now, I'm not overly confident this will happen. Has anyone found a solution or better process yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a 2 Kobo Aura One, neither works with borrowed books. They have replaced mine three times. The first time because Overdrive was not loaded from the factory. The second time because it wouldn't download library books. The third time it sat in a Canada Post from Dec. 21, 2018 until January. The new one came in the day before I left for Vacation until April. I wasn't able to wring it out before leaving. Now, both no longer have Overdrive and Kobo gives a song and dance because it is not available in a non-English speaking country. Overdrive works fine on my laptop.

It is impossible to get through the Kobo firewall to get service. They have support in Mexico City and I wonder if the agents have ever seen a Kobo reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines