• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 2038 IO Error on Network Request. Please check your network connection and try again.

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error every time I try to download a book. I've emptied tasks folder and failed folder. I've turned off firewall. I've tried everything that I could find to fix this and now I'm desperate. Can anyone help?

At the Edge of the Orchard:

IO Error on Network Request.

Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:

https://acs.cdn.overdrive.com/ACSStore1/1523-1/343/58E/B9/{34358EB9-7083-48DF-BD37-954C2BE4D351}Fmt410.epub

Event Detail:

Error #2038

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're more than welcome.  I hope both Overdrive and/or Adobe fix this as soon as possible.  Having to fix the registry to make Adobe work is ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this fix too and it doesn't work for me.  Won't let me delete the Adept key from the registry.  I have the free version of Avast and just updated it a few days ago.  Could this be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I uninstalled Avast and am still getting an error regarding activation.  It won't let me erase my activation within the ADE software, and I can't delete the Adept registry key.  Any other ideas?  I'm on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, borrowed 8 library books but can't download any of them yet it worked fine last week. I think it's an Overdrive problem as I've just tested Digital Editions by downloading a book from their free library and Adobe both opened and downloaded the book perfectly...but how to let Overdrive know the problem is with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with the DRM protection on library books.  Adobe Digital Edition when working correctly acquires the DRM license and assigns it to your Adobe ID.  When it does not do that correctly you get the activation error.

I recommend deleting all versions of ADE and its registry entires with a good uninstaller program (see my post above) and re-installing ADE.  If you still get the activation error, do the registry Adept key fix.

This is what I did to get ADE working on library epub and pdf books.  It had been working fine for 2 days now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a book from Open Library using ADE without any problem, so I'm not sure if the problem is with Overdrive or Adobe. The problem is really this: Adobe will say it's an Overdrive problem and there's nothing they can do...Overdrive will say it's an Adobe problem and there's nothing they can do. In other words, nothing will get done and it just screws us. I've been searching for a solution for almost two weeks now and have still seen nothing definite or anyone owning up to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted my old version, installed the newest version of ADE, deleted my adept registry, and it still won't let me de-authorize ADE. It keeps telling me to "try again later".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was having this problem as stated earlier.  I managed to fix it by deleting my older version of ADE, installing the newest version, going into the registry and deleting the adept key, then reauthorizing ADE.  I was then able to download form overdrive with no issue.  Hope that can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, but the books automatically try to download to adobe reader and Not ADE

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got it working again.

First I returned all borrowed books from before it quit working (funny that I can return books but not download new borrows).

I uninstalled Digital Editions. In addition to the Adept registry (tried that fix but didn't do the trick for me), took these extra steps to make it look like had never had a previous version on my computer.

1) renamed the My Digital Editions folder in Documents that contains all the books. This way I still have the books saved.

2) deleted Digital Editions folder found in Program Files (x86)\Adobe

Note that I first tried it without doing step 2 & got same 2038 error. So had to repeat process & added step 2.  Don't think there were any other Digital Editions folders, but if you find them, delete them & all subfolders & files inside.

Then downloaded latest Digital Editions fresh from their website. Have to login with Digital Editions password & register your computer again, since all previous info is gone.

Held my breath when retried first download that failed and was so glad it worked, as book was going to expire in 22 hours & I would have had to go to bottom of hold list to get again. I downloaded all books that previously failed, regardless of which computer I had initially tried. After the first 2 failed, I thought maybe it was that computer & tried another family member's on a third book. So was afraid would have to use same computer as first tried, but since they were unsuccessful, guess there was no link to specific computer.

Hope everyone else can get same success, as this has been almost 2 weeks not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My library helped me. I went with an older version of ADE. Then had to go into default programs and assign all asm related things to ADE. There is no authorization of the computer needed. I do not recommend version 4.5.2 to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the look & feel of 4.5.2  How do I go back to an older version without running into this issue all over again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have read through all the different posts on this site and on other sites.

Below is what finally got rid of the Network IO error (for MAC)

Mac users

1. Uninstall ADE and remove it from the trash.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Downloaded  latest ADE from Adobe’s website and install it
  4. Authorized my computer in ADE using the HELP menu and selecting “Authorize Computer…”

After you've gone through the above steps, try downloading the title again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest Kobo update fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The error I get says " "Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet." When I contacted what Adobe calls (with an apparent straight face) "Support" I was told that this product is no longer supported. How is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThanksEnviado desde Samsung tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Windows 7 and solved the issue with an update...

Windows: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_2.0_Installer.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines