Highlighted

Error E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN: I can't download the ePub of a book that I bought on google play

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought an ebook with DRM protection on google play. I can read it online without problem. I can download the pdf version, I can open it with Adobe Digital Edition without problem.

I can download the .acsm file of the ePub version, but when I try to open it with ADE there is an error message: impossible to download, it says that is a communication problem with the license server, and the error code is E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN:

I really want to read that book on my e-reader, what should I do?

Thanks

screenshot_gadler luca_2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN: I can't download the ePub of a book that I bought on google play

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought an ebook with DRM protection on google play. I can read it online without problem. I can download the pdf version, I can open it with Adobe Digital Edition without problem.

I can download the .acsm file of the ePub version, but when I try to open it with ADE there is an error message: impossible to download, it says that is a communication problem with the license server, and the error code is E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN:

I really want to read that book on my e-reader, what should I do?

Thanks

screenshot_gadler luca_2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please confirm the ADE and OS version you are using?

Can you please try to re-authorize ADE and try again? If you still get the issue please try to download .acsm file again and check.

Regards,

Mayank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, ADE 4.5.6
I've tried to re-authorize and re-download and nothing has changed.

Google book-support has aswered me that Adobe does not support the embedded font encryption format (in italian: formato di crittografia dei caratteri incorporati) used for that book.
There is any chance to finde a way to solve this incompatibility? The ISBN code is 9788830441019

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system is OSX 10.11.6

ADE: 4.5.4 (but have also tried ADE 3.0)

Have tried reinstalling ADE; reauthorizing Adobe account; redownloading

.acsm file (both as an epub and as an pdf). Nothing here has worked.

-Joel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2017 0