Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error getting license

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently bought 5 books from google play. It's the first time I am using this ebook webstore, so I was surprised to find out that the book was not a true ePub, but one containing DRM and I needed Adobe Digital Edition to transfer my downloaded epub to my ebook reader (which is a Kobo by the way). So, I've downloaded the software, installed it and tried to move the books into it's Library and then to my eBook reader.

I was testing the transfer with one of the books, let's call it BOOK_1. I saw that I have to authorize the book transfer, and I had several option. The option in which I could authorize the transfer without using any of the available Vendors ID's like AdobeID or Google (some anonymous option) was the most a appealing too me, since I try to avoid being logged into too may websites. With this option BOOK_1 transferred to the Library without issue. But then, when I  wanted to transfer it to the ebook reader, I found out that I have to authorize the reader as well. Unfortunately I couldn't do it without using any of the VendorID's.

So now I had to delete the authorization: Help->Delete Authorizations and try to authorize myself with one of the given VendorIDs. I tried google, but I didn't work. So I created an AdobeID, and that did the trick. Authorizing the ebook reader went fine as well. I've authorized and transferred (PC->Library->ebook reader) the other 4 books successfully. Alas, I couldn't do that with BOOK_1. Every time I try to transfer it to the Library I get the following error:

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED.

So in a nutshell: 4 books have been transferred fine, and one not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anybody answers here? I there any other way to get support???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines