• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: Check activation

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought three ebooks yesterday from a publisher called PCCS.  They were sent by a third party contractor called Firsty Express.   When I click on the download link on the books, a link appears on my computer, but when I try to open the books, I get a message saying "Error: Check Activation".  There is no indication of who has sent this message, but it is probably from Adobe Digital Editions, which is already installed and authorised on my computer.  (I was very surprised to get this Error message because I had already downloaded a book published by Macmillan Palgrave onto ADE yesterday and was able to open it without difficulty.)  Can anyone help?

By the way, I contacted the Adobe Support chat line and got the following response: 

"Hello. I’ll be happy to assist you. We have reached the End of Support for that product. However, we have an active community of experts who could assist you on Adobe User Forums. Try reviewing the questions already posted or posting your question at https://forums.adobe.com/welcome"   I couldn't  believe that Adobe does not provide support for a product that I installed only yesterday but when I raised queries about this with the person on the chat line, I got no answers to my questions.  It was a complete waste of time.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?