Hi, I am used to reading ebooks in epub format with Adobe Digital Editions on my Kobo Aura HD e-reader but with the last 2 books I downloaded from my local public library (I already read other ebooks from that public library with no problems before) I get the following message: "your e-reader is not authorized to open this book. This book is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM). As you previously unauthorized your e-reader, you have to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)."
I already tried this:
I uninstalled ADE on my computer, removed the authorization both on my computer and e-reader and then authorized them both again, I logged out from my e-reader and logged in again, removed the ebooks downloaded both on my computer and e-reader and downloaded them... I also cleared / emptied my history on my computer...
I have done all this several times but with no success: the error message still remains!
I contacted Kobo support: they had no solution and re-directed me to overdrive but my public library does not use this service and it is not included on my Kobo.
Then I contact Adobe via chat and the agent re-directed me here...
I am tired of all this. Who can help me?
Thanking you in advance.
I had this same issue last night, amongst other issues. I keep clearing all my downloaded books, cleared my authorizations (which I had to do by editing the registry because ADE gives me an error every time I try to deauthorize anything), cleaned the registry and my entire computer of anything having to do with ADE. Restarted computer. Re-downloaded ADE. Authorized computer and Kobo. Downloaded library book from library. Added to my ADE library. Added to Kobo. Open Kobo - same error. Did it ALL over again. But this time when I added the book to my ADE, it made 13 copies of it! Even though I had cleared all of my drives, temp folders, cache and registry of all ADE files and all book files.
So unbelieveably ridiculous that this software has so many errors and no actual fixes. I ended up downloading ADE 3.0 and things seem to be working fine. I shouldn't have to resort to outdated software in order to be able to read a libary book. So my only suggestion after trying all of the other fixes is to try ADE 3.0 which may not have the same functionality as 4.5, but at least I can read a friggin book again! Good luck!
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I tried all this (with downloading ADE 3.0) and I have a new error now: error check activation... In this version, I cannot see where I would be able to unauthorize my computer and re-authorize it again either. So it seems that there is no solution to my problem!